PDA

View Full Version : Hiking Handbag

MelNino
04-30-2010, 02:40 PM
In the opposite spirit of my pack thread, I present thee with yet another
"Mel is bored at work post."

I have a rather nice bag that I'm using as an "ultralight" bag...it's suprisingly fun to figure out what to carry with me...so far I just have a min 1st aid kit, whistle, pepper spray, knife, camera, pack towel, cup, folding spork, lighter, flashlight...and this isn't alrge bag, ha (Eagle Creek bag...I forget the name, but it no longer made....Guide Bag)

Sorry for the dull post....I really need to get outta the office!!

KathyC
04-30-2010, 06:50 PM
Sorry to ask, but....

What is a pack towel and folding spork?

I am guessing the spork is a cross between fork and spoon?

MelNino
04-30-2010, 09:00 PM
Sorry...boss was walking near me when I was typing, haha.

the pack towel is this itty bitty towel that comes in its own bag....also known as "thing to waste $ on at REI," the spork is indeed a spoon+fork....I've used it quite a bit...it's rather nice :)

mtruman
05-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Ah, pack towels are not a waste of $ at all. They are nice small light (often microfiber) towels that take up next to no room in the pack by dry amazingly. A 1ftx2ft towel will easily dry you off completely after a nice dip in a stream/lake on a day hike and be dry after hanging on you pack for an hour. A must have for me.

MelNino
05-02-2010, 08:36 AM
Ah, pack towels are not a waste of $ at all. They are nice small light (often microfiber) towels that take up next to no room in the pack by dry amazingly. A 1ftx2ft towel will easily dry you off completely after a nice dip in a stream/lake on a day hike and be dry after hanging on you pack for an hour. A must have for me.

True....except I have the temptation to pick up one each time I am in my beloved REI....good thing I do not live closer. :D

The handbag seems to be a good 'ultralight' bag....I will have to experiment more