PDA

View Full Version : Snow less 4000 footer?

Addicted
05-19-2010, 08:25 AM
I'm looking for a 4000 footer that might be snowless at this point. We are thinking of doing Moriah, but looks like it might still have snow up there. I just don't want to deal with the sloppy, sticky, postholey crap anymore. I just want a nice rocky, root infested trail! Please help!

mahony
05-19-2010, 01:01 PM
Whiteface, the Osceolas and the Tripyramids are lilely snow free by now. There was negligible snow 2 weeks ago at 3980 on Sandwich Dome, so I doubt any of the Sandwich Range has much snow. I expect that after today's rain places like the Hancocks will also be nearly snow free. But just to be sure....

Check http://trailsnh.com/ for the latest in trail conditions.

Addicted
05-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Thanks. I'll check out Whiteface and the Tri's tonight in the book, and online. We've done Osceola and don't have time for repeats this summer...

Anna LeBlanc
05-19-2010, 05:39 PM
Does anyone know if Mt Jackson is now snow free? We are planning on doing it Memorial Day weekend.Thanks.

_________

Anna

Charlie
05-19-2010, 09:56 PM
Does anyone know if Mt Jackson is now snow free? We are planning on doing it Memorial Day weekend.Thanks.

_________

Anna

when i was on the auto road on monday most of the snow was in spots on all peaks not sure about on the trails but i was shocked that there was not more snow on the upper peaks

Anna LeBlanc
05-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Thank you for the info Charlie.

Anna

MelNino
05-20-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm gonna be in NH in a week!!! Thank for the snow update :)

KSearl
05-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Hi,
I climbed Moosilauke (Gorge/Snapper/Carriage) a couple weeks ago and there was minimal snow. My guess is it is probably gone now.

A couple of my friends did the Tris last weekend and the said there was a lot of snow between peaks.

Hope this helps.
Karl

Tim&Val
05-22-2010, 07:44 PM
I did Cannon via Mittersill on Tuesday and we were able to avoid all but about 30 feet of snow. Did it in trail runners - no issues!