PDA

View Full Version : Another Seek the Peak Footwear Offer

mtruman
05-26-2010, 07:52 PM
I couldn't believe the immediate success with getting the great STP donation for the pair of boots my friend Mike gave me a few weeks ago (see here (http://www.mountwashington.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6077&highlight=warm+feet) if you missed this post). When I told Mike how successful it had been he showed up at my desk the next day with two more pairs to benefit the cause. So....

I have two pair of Koflach Soft Light winter mountaineering boots in mens size 9 to offer. The Koflach description is: Seriously tough, surprisingly comfortable. Boots feature rockered sole, hinged ankle cuff, and flexible shell to increase comfort for long jaunts while plastic outer shell provides plenty of support. Well-insulated for extra warmth.. These are definitely more flexible than the Arctis Varios. They are still two piece plastics and had a list price of $350. One pair is green and gray (picture below). The other pair is identical except that the collar and inner boot are both black instead of the green/white. Both pair are brand new in the boxes.

Once again I'm asking for a $100 contribution to my STP campaign. I'll pay the shipping cost to have them delivered to you. Of course if you want to donate more you are more than welcome to do so. :) Send me a PM if you are interested and tell me which color you want. Another win for the OBS and warm feet for someone next winter.

Mike also tells me that there are plenty more where these came from so once these are gone I imagine I'll be offering more. Mike's eccentric gear buying habits could turn into a big gain for STP.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_KuEV5mt1_ak/S_rcRqE1yBI/AAAAAAAAZDE/fAJqZUbLKvs/KoflachSoftLight32.jpg

mtruman
06-02-2010, 06:32 AM
I'm bumping this post to the top again in case there are folks that missed it last week. Haven't gotten any responses yet. Would still like to get the $100 contribution for these but will consider other offers if anyone is interested. These are great winter boots and both Mike (the donor) and I would like to see them put to good use as well as benefit the OBS.

mtruman
06-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Two years have passed and these boots are still sitting in the closet (never worn). I'm once again offering them here before I try to sell them on eBay. In either case all proceeds will go to MWO via Seek the Peak. PM me if you are interested.