PDA

View Full Version : Summit#6

MelNino
05-29-2010, 09:50 PM
We did it! Hiked Tux to Boott to Davis to Lawn Cut Off to Tux up (in 4hr 45min) and Lion Head down (in 4hr 20min)

Awesome weather, many many bugs. My cat had it's pic taken many times...and the best one was the cat eating the Cog.

We did stop by the Obs Cam, not sure if our pic was taken. It was around 1:30, and my cat was on my head :)

Pic shall updated when I get to my laptop. It was great being back, and I am hoping I am well rested on Wed for Lafayette and Lincoln.

Jimmy Legs and Little d
05-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Way to Go! Look forward to your report.

Donna and Mike:)

snipandhalf
05-30-2010, 05:00 PM
How were the trail conditions, any snow or ice?

Snow Miser
05-31-2010, 08:48 AM
Congrats MelNino. Glad you're back in the Whites doing some hiking. I too look forward to your TR and photos.

MelNino
05-31-2010, 11:40 AM
How were the trail conditions, any snow or ice?

Still not home to upload pix, but just saw this and wanted to mention we saw snow on Lion Head, but it was off the trail....easily avoid and no spikes were needed....in fact, on that day, we didn't even need fleece!

Ok, a trip report while my trip mates are eating lunch:

Started at Pinkham around 830...took a break to return lost keys and resumed at 845.

Took tux-boott-Davis-lawn-tux. On the way up, my group met two pretty cool guys ( though I technically met them later, as at the first meeting I was hiding in the trees trying to discreetly remove my base layer pants.

We kept meeting these two cool guys, they'd pass up, we'd pass them, they offered us chocolate covered blueberries. We were keeping good time, exvpet for the evil bugs

We summited near 130, it wasn't super crowded at the top. Around 230 we left on Lion Head. Ran into some "tailgaters," people who ran right unto me, staying far to close on a narrow path. Grr

Got back to the car around 650. Still a bit sore today, but looking forward to doing Lafayette and Lincoln on Wed.