PDA

View Full Version : Blue Dog

Charlie
06-19-2010, 09:25 PM
if you are tracking Eric on his trip i just got a hit from him and when it came up on Google map i looked at it with Google Earth . He is in a very nice spot when you zoom in and then do a 360 view

Brad
06-20-2010, 08:27 AM
BlueDog is at Yosemite. There are so many great spots to camp and wander. Plenty of fantastic scenery and views. I am sure he will have a good time.

MelNino
06-20-2010, 08:43 AM
I wish him a wonderful trip!

CHRIS
06-20-2010, 04:54 PM
I got his hit today to. So cool to be following him. I am sure he will be having a blast. I can't wait for him to get back and give his trip reports again and post his pictures. Be safe Erich ...

Brad
06-20-2010, 05:56 PM
I have not heard if his schedule will allow a connection with Mark and Natalie who are heading out to Yosemite now.

CHRIS
06-21-2010, 07:14 AM
I believe I read on F/B that Mark and his family are suppose to be on the other side of the park but they were going to try to meet someplace if they could get close enough.

BlueDog
06-22-2010, 11:30 AM
Hey everyone! Thanks so much for the well wishes. I came back down the valley a day early. If you were following my SPOT locator and wondered why I was back here, versus still on the trail.

Despite having to do a major revision of my hiking plans due to the High Sierras still under snow and the lakes are frozen, the views were incredible, and had a little bit of everything from dry dusty trail through old wildfire area, to waling over 3-4 foot snow mounds, to wading through knee deep cold water. I did also have my very own Survivorman moment, but you'll have to wait for the trip report to hear about it. :P

I did meet up with Mark and family last night for a much much needed post trail beer. Everyone is having a great time and I'm sure they will have a ton to report as well.

Off to see more of the park today.

CHRIS
06-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Can't wait for the report Erich. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time.

Snow Miser
06-22-2010, 04:21 PM
It does sound like you're having a great time. Can't wait to read your TRs.:)