PDA

View Full Version : A West Coast Seek The Peak Meet-up

mtruman
06-25-2010, 10:58 AM
We've spent the last five glorius days in Yosemite National Park getting ourselves warmed up for Seek the Peak. B600y lucky coincidence our friend and fellow Seek the Peak-er Erich (BlueDog) happened to be out here at the same time as us. We managed not only to find each other here but to spend a wonderful day together driving across Tioga Road from the valley to Mono Lake (stopping what seemed like every hundred yards to soak in the amazing scenery). During our stop at Olmstead Point - one of the most amazing vistas in the park - we took the opportunity to get a Seek The Peak promo photo. We happened to be having a conversation later in the day with a local about the "other White Mountains" and she made the mistake of saying "oh, the White Mountains in New Hampshire? Don't they have some little 6000 foot hill that they call a mountain?". We set her straight in no uncertain terms ;) and and told her what we were all getting ready to do in a few weeks on that "hill". She was of course only kidding with her comment and wished us well on our Seek the Peak journey. One more week out here and then back east to our favorite mountain!!!

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_KuEV5mt1_ak/TCIVx52ZyWI/AAAAAAAAZWQ/8w4MItk3w0I/s800/IMG_2794.JPG

CHRIS
06-25-2010, 11:38 AM
That is a great picture and so cool that you guys got to meet up. You know Mark I think you should get a kilt too :D.

Snow Miser
06-25-2010, 12:42 PM
Excellent photo Mark! Glad you guys are having a good time out there.:) Hurry back to the "Hill" that we have here on the east coast.:D

JimS
06-25-2010, 02:57 PM
It's great that y'all found each other 3000miles away! Enjoy your vacations!

Brad
06-25-2010, 05:11 PM
Wonderful photo and a great spot to take it

Stets
06-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Wow!

You guys get around.

See you in a few weeks.

BlueDog
06-28-2010, 02:32 PM
A great time was had by all! Such a wonderful trip and meeting up with you folks was a bonus.

Once I get time to catch up I'll post some pics and my trail notes. But, nothing makes for a sleepless night like knowing there are very large bears hiding out near by and noone is around for miles!