PDA

View Full Version : Gulf of Slides to Boot Spur

rockin rex
06-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Looking for a challenge and was wondering if maybe someone has done the Gulf of Slides and the trailless climb up to Boot spur. I would be doing this by myself ( no one else crazy enough) so don't want to get stuck. I have done the climbs out of kings Ravine and Huntington with no trouble so how would this compare?? The topo looks like from Gulf of Slides up to Boot Spur it is steeper. Any feedback from someone who has done this climb or attempted it in summer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

krummholz
06-29-2010, 03:59 PM
I know someone who's done it. He said getting through the scrub was pretty tough. Maybe the thing to do is look for a scree gully so that you're doing more rock and less vegetation. Very steep toward the top, but not dangerously so.

rockin rex
06-29-2010, 05:18 PM
I feel a gulf of slides weekend coming on. Scrub doesn't bother me and not dangerously steep I am there. Always looking for new ways to the top. Seek the Peak would be perfect time to try it but I will have my 10 year old with me so will have to be in August. Maybe I will take the Boot for Seek the Peak and I can scout it out. Thanks again for the info.