PDA

View Full Version : World Guy is going up Mount Washington!!!

One_who_waits
07-25-2010, 07:16 PM
Ran into this guy while headed to STP on Friday. He was in Gorham by the time we left the dinner on Saturday. According to his blog.....he is going up Monday night!!!

Good luck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qP9PpCks4g

Bill O
07-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Thanks for sharing, and nice job embedding the video right in the forum.

Now, does he have to keep unwinding that leash? Seems like that's the weak point in the system.

BAXTERCA2
07-25-2010, 10:33 PM
I'm glad I checked the forum when I got home from volunteering at STP. I took pictures of this guy early this afternoon after I came off the FOGGY Summit. When I turned left onto Rt 16 I said " What that hell is that" Is that the world being rolled up Rt 16. Based on your video and my pics, this guy must be at the base of the Auto Rd.

BAXTERCA2
07-25-2010, 10:38 PM
I can't upload the 4 JPEGS I have of these guys rolling the world up Rte 16, then across Rte 16 to take a rest.

njhiker
07-26-2010, 07:30 AM
This is awesome,

Here is his website.....

WWW.worldguy.org

BAXTERCA2
07-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Hi Bill -
Can you walk me through the steps to upload pics because when I tried last night it wouldn't work. I have not uploaded any pics since the upgrade.

Thanks in advance
Karen

BAXTERCA2
07-26-2010, 07:45 PM
World guy's website says he has special permission to go up the Auto Rd tonight after is closes.

Will the "World" make it to the summit? Will the "World" end up in the Great Gulf? Perhaps the Full Moon will help guide him to the top. Stay tuned for more adventures of WorldGuy.

Bill O
07-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Hi Bill -
Can you walk me through the steps to upload pics because when I tried last night it wouldn't work. I have not uploaded any pics since the upgrade.

Thanks in advance
Karen

You need to use a different website to host your photos then you can link/embed them into the forum.

I prefer: www.imageshack.us

There are many more out there.

Breeze
07-27-2010, 05:57 PM
I checked out his blog this morning and he made to Six Mile/Cragway where he had to literally hunker down and make some difficult decisions.

I'm personally amazed and delighted that he got so far in such inclement weather for his attempt, and I'm very happy he pulled the plug. He got up and down under his own power safely, called out no other resources, accomplished what he could with the hand he was dealt by the weather, and knew when he needed to retreat.

To me, that is an attempt worthy of sincere applause

Breeze