PDA

View Full Version : Campsite Questions for Presi Overnight

dmnorthshore6
08-04-2010, 10:47 PM
Hi, I'm Dan,

I have a couple of posts under my belt on an older username, but I'm a frequent visitor to the forum here. I am considering a North to South Presidential and starting before sunrise on a Saturday. I could do it in one day, but I really would like to make it an overnight trip.

I have been to many of the links discussed on the forums, and this link (http://home.earthlink.net/~ellozy/mount-isolation.html) mentions a primitive campsite near the junction of Davis Path and the east branch of Isolation Trail. Anyone have any details on this specific campsite? If not that site, are there any areas where I have the best chance to find a legal campsite somewhere in the area of Dry River Shelter 3 or in the area of the junctions of Davis Path and the East and West Branches of Isolation Trail. If I could camp in that vicinity, I could wake on Sunday and get back towards Eisenhower to complete the traverse and be waiting for my pick-up ride at Highland. Depending on my progress Saturday, I realize that I may need to skip Monroe to get towards a place to camp in that area.

Any help would be much appreciated. If any of my descriptions are unclear, just let me know.

Thanks,

Dan

KD Talbot
08-09-2010, 09:35 AM
There is a large, legal set of tentsites at the junction of Davis Path and Isolation Trails, there are several more legal tentsites southeast of there on the Isolation Trail. There are enough open woods in the area to find a spot without being in a designated spot as well. As long as you are 200' from the trail and not within 1/4 mile of the other shelters you're good. Leave no trace.

KDT