PDA

View Full Version : hiking with a 7 month old baby, any sugguestion on hikes????

hikergirlbaby
08-05-2010, 08:24 AM
In August we will be camping at the crawford notch campgound with our infant. We are looking for sugguestions for moderate hikes. Would you hike Mount Washington? What trails would you recommend?

KSearl
08-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Hello,

Mount Willard would be a nice moderate/easy trail to hike with a little one on your back. It mostly and old carriage road, which is wide and has good footing. The length is somewhat short and the views are phenomenal for the effort.

Thanks,
Karl

rockin rex
08-05-2010, 03:13 PM
Any hikes into the Zealand area including zealand hut. Arthuesa falls is another really nice easy hike with a small child. There is mount Willard and elephant head which are nice hikes with great views. My suggestion would be to check with the info center on 302 next to the A.M.C. hostel and they will be able to answer all your quetions. A few hikes I mentioned also come out from their parking lot. As for hiking with children there is a great author I know who has done long distance hiking with her kids and you might enjoy her books. Her name is Cindy Ross and she is an expert when it comes to hiking with kids.

hikergirlbaby
08-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the the suggested hikes. Arthuesa falls was one that we have been scoping out. I will look into the others. I will look into the Book recommendation also. :) Last year we hike the ammonoosic trail to jewel, what an amazing hike. Very excited about this trip, hopefully Wyatt enjoys hiking as much as we do....We are also spending a week in Acadia in October.

FisherCat
08-06-2010, 10:45 AM
There is also the Sugarloaves in Twin Mountain, access via the Sugarloaf I & II campgrounds off 302, very nice if carrying infant and nice views off the one open summit.