PDA

View Full Version : Planets Align for the Perseid Meteor Shower August 12th / 13th

Snow Miser
08-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Mark your calendar: On Thursday, August 12th, an alignment of planets in the sunset sky will kick off the finest meteor shower of 2010, the Perseids. (http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2010/05aug_perseids/)

If you're out hiking or just enjoying the great outdoors, and it's not cloudy, this may be a good double feature. Since the Aurora Borealis didn't really materialize the other night, maybe this will prove differently.

Brad
08-05-2010, 08:32 PM
What camera techniques will you use to get pictures? What settings? Use a wide angle lens? Thoughts?

Snow Miser
08-06-2010, 07:43 AM
What camera techniques will you use to get pictures? What settings? Use a wide angle lens? Thoughts?

Brad, for me, none. I'm what you might call "photographically challenged".:D I know very little about photography, but I always enjoy seeing yours and all the others' professional work posted on here. Are you going to try and get some nice shots?

Brad
08-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Bob, I will give it a try. But, we do need clearer weather than what we have been having.

Charlie
08-06-2010, 08:51 PM
i will set my camera to night and start taking pictures lol