PDA

View Full Version : Where has your wicked cool wicking shirt been?

Brad
08-14-2010, 03:48 PM
After STP I stopped in and purchased one of the high tech wicked cool red short sleeve t-shirts. And it is excellent! At this point it is the preferred shirt around the house - but it has climbed N Kearsarge.

Where has your's been?

Charlie
08-14-2010, 11:13 PM
i dont have one so it did not go anywhere yet

mtruman
08-15-2010, 09:18 AM
Mine has not been broken in yet (other than on STP weekend). I think I may have to remedy that situation this week though.

Brad
08-15-2010, 12:53 PM
Karen may shoot me for this post - but here goes anyway. I did not get one of the wicked red wicking shirts at STP. So, I asked Karen if she had any extras and the answer was yes. So, I added $$$ to my STP Hiker page and picked one wicked one. They are really very nice

Snow Miser
08-15-2010, 02:15 PM
I wore mine for STP and I love it! It fit like a glove and performed very well. It's currently in my dresser drawer waiting for the next hike, which will be very soon.

Brad
08-15-2010, 04:22 PM
I wore mine for STP and I love it! It fit like a glove and performed very well. It's currently in my dresser drawer waiting for the next hike, which will be very soon.
I happen to have the opinion this shirt should not be saved for "the next hike". Why would you mistreat it by closing it into a dark drawer? Take it out and treat it like a friend. Wear it.

PS. I am wearing mine right now. And I will wear it to dinner and...

Stets
08-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Mine has made it to many Cape Cod League Baseball games this Summer.

It has not climbed a mountain yet, but that will change very soon.

I have also slept in it on some sticky nights.

Very comfy.

It is a multi-purpose shirt.

Brad:

It must me a super cool shirt if it knocked your 2007 long sleeve of your back!

Brad
08-15-2010, 06:34 PM
Doug,

The truth is - I was wearing it before and after waterskiing this morning WITH my red STP 2009 fleece over it. It made for a layered STP look.

Charlie
08-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Doug,

The truth is - I was wearing it before and after waterskiing this morning WITH my red STP 2009 fleece over it. It made for a layered STP look.

and i would say but have not seen it yet he as MWOBS toilet paper also lol

Stets
08-15-2010, 07:30 PM
It has been getting cooler lately.

Perhaps I could even layer with all of my STP shirts both long and short sleeve and be ready for Winter. No jacket required.

And that is the long and short of it!

Snow Miser
08-15-2010, 07:36 PM
I happen to have the opinion this shirt should not be saved for "the next hike". Why would you mistreat it by closing it into a dark drawer? Take it out and treat it like a friend. Wear it.

PS. I am wearing mine right now. And I will wear it to dinner and...

You are absolutely right! I am going to put it on right now.

Brad
08-16-2010, 06:25 AM
Plus, it is good advertising for MWO. When it comes time to ask for donations to STP 11 they will remember it is the organization you talked about when you were wearing that cool red shirt.

Snow Miser
08-16-2010, 07:45 AM
Plus, it is good advertising for MWO. When it comes time to ask for donations to STP 11 they will remember it is the organization you talked about when you were wearing that cool red shirt.

And when the STP10 fleece jackets come in, they will be great advertising as well. I'll be wearing mine everywhere. Also, the long-sleeve cotton t-shirts that all participants received are good advertising as too.

Brad
08-16-2010, 10:21 AM
and i would say but have not seen it yet he as MWOBS toilet paper also lol
They must be out of stock

Anna LeBlanc
08-17-2010, 12:34 PM

Does this mean we get to see you in your red shirt Bob?;)

_________
Anna

Snow Miser
08-17-2010, 02:34 PM
Does this mean we get to see you in your red shirt Bob?;)

_________
Anna

Yes you will. And I will also bring my navy blue STP10 fleece jacket.;) Gotta do some advertising for the Obs when on the trails.:D

Anna LeBlanc
08-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Yes you will. And I will also bring my navy blue STP10 fleece jacket.;) Gotta do some advertising for the Obs when on the trails.:D

This means you will be easy to find at the Visitor's Parking Lot!!!:o

________
Anna

mtruman
08-28-2010, 09:14 PM
My shirt got to go for its first hike today and visited the Tripyramids. A most comfortable shirt it is - and handy if you ever need to be spotted from the air ;)

Nat and I on Middle Tripyramid summit
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_KuEV5mt1_ak/THmtXtJmUuI/AAAAAAAAa0E/PaJCAPQIaBI/s640/IMG_3712.JPG

Snow Miser
08-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Looking good Mark! They are some very nice shirts. Wore mine today and didn't even think to get a photo to post. :-( Funny you mention how bright they are, my friend said the same thing today about being spotted in it if in trouble :-)

Brad
09-05-2010, 09:23 PM
My shirt got to go for its first hike today and visited the Tripyramids. A most comfortable shirt it is - and handy if you ever need to be spotted from the air ;)

Nat and I on Middle Tripyramid summit
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_KuEV5mt1_ak/THmtXtJmUuI/AAAAAAAAa0E/PaJCAPQIaBI/s640/IMG_3712.JPG
Very nice looking! And Mark looks good too.

Snow Miser
09-08-2010, 01:54 PM
My STP10 wicking shirt could be seen on Hedgehog Mountain this past Sunday with some very nice new friends.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4130/4971382024_d8a70b7bd7_z.jpg

Anna LeBlanc
09-08-2010, 03:29 PM
It and the Kia Soul made you very easy to find in the Visitor's Center parking lot too!!

________
Anna:D

Stets
09-09-2010, 09:08 PM
My shirt was very active on a Half Century Bike Ride.

This past Saturday Hunter and I did a fifty mile ride on The Cape Cod Bike Trail. Wellfleet to Dennis and back.

My shirt definitely added a few miles an hour to my average speed.

If Hunter had worn his he could have kept pace.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Gwldd1ohs-w/TIl_3OVg2TI/AAAAAAAADIk/JLeHxWYq5Xw/s640/Dad%20and%20David%20Sept%202010%20026.JPG

Snow Miser
09-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Your bike ride sounds like it was a nice one. And the shirt looks good on you.

Brad
09-11-2010, 09:46 PM
If Hunter had worn his he could have kept pace.

Why would he have wanted to slow down to your pace?

Stets
09-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Why would he have wanted to slow down to your pace?

Good Point!

Even though Hunter was coasting most of the way, I am still convinced that the the aero-dynamics of the shirt kept me in the lead.

BanjoChris
09-13-2010, 10:57 AM
Mine has become one of my primary running and hiking shirts. It summited Lafayette for Flags over the 48 this weekend...though it is hidden under my STP Fleece in the attached picture...it was in the 40's on the summit and since we were up there for about 3 hours, it made sense to cover up!!!

http://cmnenterprises.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Mount-Lafayette.jpg

BTW: I'm also wearing an STP hat!!! I talked to a numberof people on the summit about STP, none had ever done it before.

Snow Miser
09-13-2010, 12:27 PM
Very nice photo Chris! It looks like it was a bit chilly up there.

Stets
09-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Very colorful.

Nice job.

Looks like the fleece was a good idea and seems like your shirt is getting a lot of use.

kayhem
09-27-2010, 04:24 PM
No Brad, I'm not going to shoot you for posting the comment about the premium shirt:) Basically we ordered a few extra's as "event insurance", just to make sure we're prepared & everyone's happy (not always the case, but be assured we do try). If anyone is interested in purchasing an extra STP premium shirt, please just let me know. I have a few in limited sizes, but I'd be happy to talk with anyone if there's interest.

Karen Hemeon
Membership & Events Coordinator

Brad
09-27-2010, 04:40 PM
No Brad, I'm not going to shoot you for posting the comment about the premium shirt:) Basically we ordered a few extra's as "event insurance", just to make sure we're prepared & everyone's happy (not always the case, but be assured we do try). If anyone is interested in purchasing an extra STP premium shirt, please just let me know. I have a few in limited sizes, but I'd be happy to talk with anyone if there's interest.

Karen Hemeon
Membership & Events Coordinator
Thanks for posting this - they are really nice shirts...

BanjoChris
10-14-2010, 07:33 AM
Here is a picture of my wicked cool wicking shirt just after I crossed the finish line for the B.A.A. Half Marathon. My time was 1:56:49, which was a personal best and my first time breaking the 2 hour mark...could it be the shirt??

http://cmnenterprises.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/baa-half-marathon.jpg

Snow Miser
10-14-2010, 07:50 AM
Congratulations Chris!!! Great time. I think it was the shirt. :) They seem to have some type of magical power. When I wear mine, I feel I am able to climb any mountain with greatest of ease.

Anna LeBlanc
10-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Congratulations Chris!!! Great time. I think it was the shirt. :) They seem to have some type of magical power. When I wear mine, I feel I am able to climb any mountain with greatest of ease.

I need to get me one of those in a hurry!!!:p

Mackmom
12-23-2010, 01:45 PM
I wore mine recently on a trip to Costa Rica while hiking in the rainforest at the base of Arenal Volcano. :)