PDA

View Full Version : Perhaps Something Only a Photo-Fanatic Might Understand

1HappyHiker
09-17-2010, 04:34 PM
It's always interesting to me to see a familiar landmark from an unfamiliar perspective. But, as indicated in the title of this posting, perhaps this is something that only a "photo-fanatic" might understand.:)

Regardless, presented below is a snapshot that was taken by bushwhacking several hundred feet above Lafayette Brook to the top of an old landslide. This photo shows a portion of Cannon Mountain as seen through a gap called Eagle Pass.

For anyone unfamiliar with Eagle Pass, it is located in the Franconia Notch on the east side of I-93 directly opposite Cannon Mountain. The Greenleaf Trail passes through this narrow notch-like opening en route to Mt. Lafayette.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_jMddpAdzX0E/TJPI6Ys0BmI/AAAAAAAAH5o/ECoi5OlZrug/s800/P1070202.JPG

ow2010
09-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Great photograph! I've always thought Eagle Cliff was a fascinating landmark and would like to hike up there. I'll have to do that lower portion of Greenleaf Trail.
Very interesting perspective of Cannon...I like it!

Anna LeBlanc
09-18-2010, 08:17 PM
John,
Gary and I have hiked up the Greenleaf through Eagle Pass on the way to Lafayette.Thanks for bringing back good memories of that particular view of Cannon!Beautiful photo.:D

forestgnome
09-26-2010, 09:56 PM
John, very nice! This image has interesting lines