PDA

View Full Version : Northeast Kingdom Weather

NEKweather
10-04-2010, 05:41 PM
As we all know, weather is far from boring here in New England, whether it be atop Mount Washington or across the New England States. I have created a website dedicated to the ever changing weather for Northern Vermont, especially the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. Northeast Kingdom Weather is a website designed to provide live weather data, forecasts, and webcams to the community members of the NEK and Northern Vermont. Please take a moment to visit http://www.nekweather.net and make sure you bookmark my website, as I am constantly striving to keep it rich with new material.

Thank You,

Derek Maroot
Northeast Kingdom Weather

BAXTERCA2
10-04-2010, 11:56 PM
Hi Derek ~
I stayed in the NEK this past weekend, my first trip to VT. I found that the weather information that is provided via MWO was pretty on target for where I was. I'm not sure if that was because I was at the Eastern part of the NEK. I still don't have my bearings when it comes to the NEK or VT for that matter.

I've bookmarked your page and I'll check it out tomorrow. Do you work for a weather organization or did you set the page up for informational purposes only?

Snow Miser
10-05-2010, 07:41 AM
Very nice website! I bookmarked it. I have friends that use to own a farm a little north of West Danville, and the Northeast Kingdom was always my favorite place to visit. Beautiful country up there!!! Thanks.

NEKweather
10-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Hi Derek ~
I stayed in the NEK this past weekend, my first trip to VT. I found that the weather information that is provided via MWO was pretty on target for where I was. I'm not sure if that was because I was at the Eastern part of the NEK. I still don't have my bearings when it comes to the NEK or VT for that matter.

I've bookmarked your page and I'll check it out tomorrow. Do you work for a weather organization or did you set the page up for informational purposes only?

Hi BAXTERCA2

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the NEK! I'm a native Vermonter that grew up in the NEK. I've always had a fascination with weather since my early years. Now as a professional pilot, I fly out of Burlington, Vermont and get a unique opportunity on a day to day basis to experience weather from the ground up to the flight levels. I created Northeast Kingdom Weather to take my personal fascination with weather to a new level and wanted to provide a wealth of weather information for the community members of the NEK as well as anyone else who wishes to visit such as yourself! It's my hope that having live weather conditions, webcams, and up to date forecasts for the NEK that folks will find it a useful and informative site. Thank You again for visiting our great state and I hope you enjoy my website.

Derek Maroot

NEKweather
10-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Thank You Snow Miser,

Glad you enjoyed the website! West Danville is a great town! Thanks again for visiting, spread the word!

Derek

billysinc
10-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Nice stuff, is there anyway you can add a description as to the locations of the webcams?

NEKweather
10-05-2010, 02:55 PM
Thanks Bill,

That is a great suggestion, I have just finished making a change to the webcam titles to indicate where they are looking...ie...South View. etc. Thank you again and make sure you keep checking back as I am in the process of building a snow gauge that will have a 4th webcam directed at the gauge so visitors can see a running snow total throughout the winter months.

Derek

BAXTERCA2
10-05-2010, 03:16 PM
Hi BAXTERCA2

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the NEK! I'm a native Vermonter that grew up in the NEK. I've always had a fascination with weather since my early years. Now as a professional pilot, I fly out of Burlington, Vermont and get a unique opportunity on a day to day basis to experience weather from the ground up to the flight levels. I created Northeast Kingdom Weather to take my personal fascination with weather to a new level and wanted to provide a wealth of weather information for the community members of the NEK as well as anyone else who wishes to visit such as yourself! It's my hope that having live weather conditions, webcams, and up to date forecasts for the NEK that folks will find it a useful and informative site. Thank You again for visiting our great state and I hope you enjoy my website.

Derek Maroot

Derek -
I'll PM you later or in the AM. I'm heading back to NEK this week and have some questions about the area. Hoping you might be able to help.

Thanks
KT