PDA

View Full Version : Six down....

MelNino
10-12-2010, 08:36 AM
42 more to go!!

We got Hale yesterday... Lovely weather, nice and cool, though I did start to sweat in my shell. On the way up we saw someone heading down wearing a Seek the Peak shirt...anyone here? :)

The first 20 mins or so of the hike was a bit tough, we hadn't been hiking in quite a while, but we found our legs and had fun. At the top there were a few people, one mention he had bagged 20 of the 4000's.

We ate lunch, I was attacked by a bird wanting my food, then we headed back... A good hike to get us back on the trails. Today.... Wiley!

Addicted
10-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Good luck with Willey! Make sure you check out the outlook just below the summit (on the Ethan Pond side, not the Field side)! The summit itself doesn't have much to offer. The view into the notch from the overlook is phenomenal (if the clouds and fog subside!).

ow2010
10-12-2010, 09:27 AM
Congrats on having 6 down! Looks like we're tied for the moment. I won't be able to bag any peaks for at least a month so good luck with the ones you bag in the meantime!

BlueDog
10-12-2010, 09:41 AM
5-6 must be the number when the Grid Bug takes its first bite! I've got 5 in the books and now find myself setting sights on more till I get em all. Hoping to get one or two more off the list this weekend.

Jimmy Legs and Little d
10-12-2010, 11:34 AM
It's always good to be out hiking; especially in the White Mountains. We did Hale several years ago and I remember the view was somewhat restricted because of the height of the trees. We had to stand on the cairn to get a decent view. I hope you post some photos from your hikes either on your blog or on this website.
Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Mike

mtruman
10-12-2010, 11:14 PM
If it was before noon then that was me headed down in the STP shirt. Were you the one that commented "Seek the Peak - nice" as you went by? If so, I'm really sorry that I didn't stop. Seems like we'd gotten into heads-down mode heading for the parking lot (and home) at that point. Our TR will be posted tomorrow (and the ones from the rest of the weekend). Congrats on #6. As Erich said, I'm sure you've got the bug now. Hale was 22 for us - not quite half way. We're in no hurry to finish, just looking forward to the other 26 (and doing them all many times again). Hope we see you in the mountains again. Next time I promise to stop and say hello!

MelNino
10-13-2010, 07:49 AM
Haha, I am the same way on decent.... Enjoying the hike but knowing I need to get to food! Kinda cool to see someone from these boards.

I got the 48 bug after Tom and Field last year.. At that point I figured 3 down, should get the rest.

Willey was much fun... A bit more of a challenge than I thought... But def enjoyable... I'll post better trs when I get to a computer (yeah iPhones)

FisherCat
10-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Willey is definitely a slog, but as you say, it is also enjoyable. It feels at time as if it has a neverending grade. Congrats and looking foward to more on your blog.

MelNino
10-13-2010, 06:34 PM
Number 8 done!! We got Jackson... And ouch! We were really slow ( took us 5 hours, book said it should be 3'40). And the book did not discibe the scramble before the summit....that was intimidating. I'm hurting some, but pasta and beer heals all.

40 left to go... But I'm done with the list for this year