PDA

View Full Version : Tuckerman's Brewery

MelNino
10-18-2010, 08:37 PM
We went on the tour last Saturday....it was quite fun! I knew it was a small operation, I had no idea it was THAT small....most impressive.

The samples helped as well. And the rather cool hat. Will probably do that next time I am up.

KSearl
10-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Thanks for mentioning this. Jill and I have been thinking about going on a tour at Tuck's for the last few years and never can get over there. Now, I'm more motivated. We will definitely check out the tour the next time we stay up north.

Thanks,
Karl

MelNino
10-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Hope you enjoy it! :D

Snow Miser
10-19-2010, 07:54 AM
We did this tour a couple of years ago. It is a smaller operation, but I could tell that it's very well run by the owners. The woman that gave the tour did a great job explaining the brewing process. And the best part, we got two six packs to go. :) Will have to go again soon. Thanks!

Trailsend
10-19-2010, 08:17 PM
The Tuckerman Brewery tour is awesome....I took the tour this past August and you right it's a really fun tour especially trying the different samples. Great beer!!!

mtruman
10-19-2010, 09:04 PM
We keep talking about making it to the brewery too. We certainly enjoy their beer whenever we're in the area (wish they sold it in RI) along with Moat and Woodstock Station. Lots of good local beer in NH!

MelNino
10-19-2010, 10:30 PM
Ah yes, Moat :) We forgot to bring back out Growlers this trip, but did try some tasty drinks there (and as a vegetarian, its my favorite place in N Conway to eat)

Wish they sold Tucks in CT, but its just more of an excuse to go back.

BAXTERCA2
10-19-2010, 11:52 PM
We keep talking about making it to the brewery too. We certainly enjoy their beer whenever we're in the area (wish they sold it in RI) along with Moat and Woodstock Station. Lots of good local beer in NH!

Hi Mark -
Not sure where in RI you are but, I bought Tuckerman's Pale Ale in Brockton a few weeks ago. I'm sure it's not as fresh as buying some at the brewery in NH but, it wasn't expired and it tasted great.
On the Tuckerman's Brewery website there is a link to places to buy in NH, ME, and MA. There are a few places not far from the RI border i.e Westport. I would call the places first as I found some places didn't carry it anymore. It's not for everyone, it's a special beer for special people. Here's the link

http://www.tuckermanbrewing.com/dealersma.cfm

mtruman
10-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Thanks for the tip Karen. All of us southern NE folks should petition them to get their distribution to the other states (RI and CT at least). Of course the alternative is just to go to NH more often. Not a bad alternative at that... :)

Snow Miser
10-20-2010, 07:40 AM
Of course the alternative is just to go to NH more often. Not a bad alternative at that... :)

I couldn't agree more!

smithtim
10-21-2010, 12:58 AM
:)

I've always found them at twin mountain Citgo just north of US-3/302 junction.......before taking that left turn onto US-3 /I-93 sbnd back to Boston.

I never knew there was a brewery tour available & defintley will check it out next time I'm up there!

Thanks for sharing the info :)

Kerricksnider
12-02-2010, 01:04 PM
What types of beer do they brew? Anything popular?
Has anyone ever caught the show "Brewmasters" on the Discovery Channel? It's very cool to see what a medium size brewery has going on. Plus those guys and gals try to use VERY unique ingredients for their beers.
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/brew-masters/