PDA

View Full Version : Time to retire my boots

MelNino
11-08-2010, 08:32 PM
and get new ones!! Though it will be hard to say goodbye to my beloved pair (well, they are being turned in snow boots) it is time i get a new pair.

I have been thinking of these http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3651679

I saw them in the store, tried 'em on....though it was a half size too big. Felt pretty good.

I ask the gals on the forums....what boots do you wear?

(its funny, I am all good about getting new jackets, packs, pole, whatever....but I hate replacing boots!)

Anna LeBlanc
11-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Hi Mel,
I use New Balance mid height Gore-Tex boots that I purchased from Cabelas.I use NB sneakers at work as I stand up in one spot most of the day and my feet always felt very comfortable in them.The NB hiking boots work well for me too.

________
Anna

BlueDog
11-09-2010, 09:11 AM
Not a gal, but ... ;) I do have a pair of Solomon's for winter hiking and as a product, I've been very happy with the fit, comfort, warms and quality of them.

MelNino
11-10-2010, 06:29 AM
I had no idea NB made boots! I am still leaning towards the Solomons, but EMS has some Vasque on sale....think I'll pop in there this weekend.

visitarlondres
12-04-2010, 05:25 PM
I have a pair of Solomon's! I owuld reccommend them higly so confortable and mine have really lasted, good value for money.

World
12-09-2010, 02:17 PM
I really hate buying boots because once they are broken in, they are so comfortable so I try hard to take good care of them so they last along time. I have one pair now that I have had for over 7 years and everyone still compliments me on the style, etc. I think boots are kind of like houses, an investment versus shoes, etc.