PDA

View Full Version : any suggestion to imporve my trip itenirary would be apprechiated

smithtim
11-19-2010, 07:20 PM
So the Florida boy here making my annual winter pilgrimage ( which I look forward to sooo much every winter) and asking for any suggestions to improve!
I'll be in the Boston area for a long week with 4 days free to climb ( leaving of dates to avoid parking lot trolls but is mid Dec)

1st trip up: drive up Sr 16 very early AM do summit via Lions head.....
stay night in hotel in Conway & next day after do ice climb up Hunningtons then hike out and drive back to Boston

2nd trip up: drive up I 93 very early AM and do either Flume/Liberty or Falling Waters / Bidle path loop.....
stay night in place just south of Franconia & next day do ????? (maybe mt Adams from Appalacia????) then hike out and drive back to Boston

Thank you in advance & best regards, Tim

smithtim
11-19-2010, 07:22 PM
BTW I'll check back in later for this but has anybody been in / heard how is Huntingtons Ravine looking? Has the ice formed / is climbable?

averagejoe
11-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Well let's see. First off there is no mention of Beer or Whiskey. That's a start.

Seriously, a single day traverse is a blast. Doing one in wintery conditions would be a blast. I would see about working that into your Schedule.

The Bridle Path/Falling Waters loop is very beautiful at any time of year, though winter is my favorite time of year.

If you're on the 93 side of the Whites, get finished hiking early enough and want to climb, December is a fun time to climb at Rumney.

I don't know. Your itinerary doesn't look too bad.

Joe.

mtruman
11-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Sounds like a pretty good plan to me (although no personal interest in any ice climbing in Huntington or anywhere else for that matter). You shouldn't have any trouble finding ice. There's a report of ice climbing in Damnation Gully on Oct 10th and lots of ice on Cannon the beginning of November (http://neice.com/). By the time you're up north there should be all kinds of options. Whatever you work out have fun. We'll be waiting for the story and pictures...

smithtim
11-22-2010, 03:20 PM
thanks for the info & nice pics on that link

-tim