spyboy
11-23-2010, 08:42 PM
The things you can find on Flickr..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dboo/sets/72157600073036195/with/458260320/

sorry if these were already posted on here

Kirk

Snow Miser
11-24-2010, 07:46 AM
Nice find! They are some cool photos from yesteryear.

KSearl
11-24-2010, 09:43 AM
Hi Kirk,

I think these are some of the coolest photos I've ever seen. The picture quality is so good too for the time in which they were taken. Thanks for finding this. I think I'm going to have to see if I can contact the owner of the pics and see if I can link it up or use them in my blog. What a great piece of history!!! Love it! Thanks again for sharing the link.

Karl

mtruman
11-24-2010, 06:39 PM
Nice find Kirk! How'd you happen to find these? Just browsing around Flickr?

Not sure, but I think I might have spotted Brad in one of those pictures :)

BAXTERCA2
11-24-2010, 06:55 PM
Kirk ~ I agree, nice find

Mark ~ Did you hear me laugh in RI when I read your comment about Brad.

mtruman
11-24-2010, 07:53 PM
Actually I did think I heard something of a distant chuckle recently.

Hey, I know that Brad has been on the forum tonight and I haven't heard him deny it yet. Seems perfectly plausible to me.

spyboy
11-24-2010, 08:43 PM
A friend of mine sent me the link, not sure where he found it. That's what's great about the internet, one person finds it and shares, and then everyone else does the same :)

Nice find Kirk! How'd you happen to find these? Just browsing around Flickr?

Brad
11-24-2010, 09:33 PM
I was off at church while you folks were attacking me. So, I will be kind and say that I did not start to climb Mt Washington till 2 or 3 years later. So, I could not be in the pictures. But, they sure do look familiar.

Charlie
11-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Not sure, but I think I might have spotted Brad in one of those pictures :)

i was thinking the same thing as i was looking at them

i kike the bridges ,a little diffrent today

Charlie
11-24-2010, 10:12 PM
i like the picture of the observatory
i wonder is some one would ask him if he would sent that picture to the MWOBS

mtruman
11-25-2010, 06:48 AM
I was off at church while you folks were attacking me. So, I will be kind and say that I did not start to climb Mt Washington till 2 or 3 years later. So, I could not be in the pictures. But, they sure do look familiar.

Attacking? Surely it wasn't meant as an attack. And I was only off by a couple of years. And I've seen some of the pictures of you on Mt Washington as a kid. Looked a lot like the ones here.

Brad
11-25-2010, 06:55 AM
Attacking? Surely it wasn't meant as an attack. And I was only off by a couple of years. And I've seen some of the pictures of you on Mt Washington as a kid. Looked a lot like the ones here.

Ok - Ok. Mommy! They are picking on me - again.

We have a few old pictures on our Fotki web site. But, we could use a lot more.

BAXTERCA2
11-25-2010, 08:01 AM
I thought attacking was a bit strong.

OK - OK. Mommy! seems more appropriate.

Brad
11-25-2010, 05:13 PM
I agree - attacking is a bit strong. They are just jealous I can pop over to the trails in an hour and be there any time I want.:cool:

mtruman
11-25-2010, 07:37 PM
I agree - attacking is a bit strong. They are just jealous I can pop over to the trails in an hour and be there any time I want.:cool:

There's just no way I can argue with that...

Dad!! Now Brad's pickin' on me. Make him stop! ;)

Snow Miser
11-25-2010, 08:31 PM
They are just jealous I can pop over to the trails in an hour and be there any time I want.:cool:

I know I'm a bit jealous. :D

Brad
11-26-2010, 06:03 AM
I know I'm a bit jealous. :D
This is all a part of my Real Estate Nice Guy routine. Did I mention I love living here full time?

KathyC
11-26-2010, 09:01 AM
Im jealous too...

freighttrain
11-26-2010, 09:02 PM
I invite you all to come move two nh and live here. sans the income and sales taxes of your home state. I am jealous of brad it takes me an hr and a half to get to the whites

Charlie
11-26-2010, 09:10 PM
i will move up there tomorrow if you give me the job driving the MWOBS Bombardier

freighttrain
11-26-2010, 09:24 PM
as long as you dont try and steal my retirement gig driving the auto road shuttle van I wont try and take you bombadier job. In fact you can put me down as a reference

Charlie
11-26-2010, 09:58 PM
i never drove one but i did stay at an Holiday Inn Express one time
i did drive a lot of big thigs before but never a snow cat ,they are looking for some one that has driven one for 3 years
and driving the auto road is some thing i would love to do when i move up there some day

Brad
11-27-2010, 09:48 AM
I invite you all to come move two nh and live here. sans the income and sales taxes of your home state. I am jealous of brad it takes me an hr and a half to get to the whites
An hour and a half is not bad. Might be tough for a daily commute. I can be at PNVC in an hour with a stop to get snacks for the hike.

A big difference between NH and Maine is the tax structure. No income or sales tax in NH. However, the state has to get income somewhere and many people have found property taxes to be high. In several comparison cases I have looked at property in Maine is a lot cheaper. All a part of the tradeoffs. But, it is very clear to me that the views of Mt Washington are better from Maine than from NH. In NH there always seems to be something in the way of the good view. We get great views of The Mountain all over and around our lakes.

Bill O
11-27-2010, 07:35 PM
Those were some great photos. It's a shame they had them on such a dreadful site like flickr, which makes viewing them in a timely and efficient manner almost impossible.

Again, good photos though.

freighttrain
11-28-2010, 11:15 AM
An hour and a half is not bad. Might be tough for a daily commute. I can be at PNVC in an hour with a stop to get snacks for the hike.

A big difference between NH and Maine is the tax structure. No income or sales tax in NH. However, the state has to get income somewhere and many people have found property taxes to be high. In several comparison cases I have looked at property in Maine is a lot cheaper. All a part of the tradeoffs. But, it is very clear to me that the views of Mt Washington are better from Maine than from NH. In NH there always seems to be something in the way of the good view. We get great views of The Mountain all over and around our lakes.

I know what you mean brad, plus you guys have mt katahdin which I think has a more impressive view from a distance.