PDA

View Full Version : Stp 2011

climbered
11-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Well, Thanksgiving 2010 is in the books....stuffed ! Will be heading up to the rock pile the day after Christmas. I was reading the blogs on the 2010 STP vest...and I will be getting one next year, fell a little short last year. 5 days and counting to STP 2011 opens....see ya on the pile...

climbered

Snow Miser
11-30-2010, 07:51 AM
Registration should begin tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting a pledge page set up to start raising funds early this year.

Climbered, have a nice trip to the Rock Pile after Christmas. Also, good luck getting a fleece jacket this coming year. 2010 was my first year to get one, and I love it! :)

CHRIS
11-30-2010, 08:57 AM
I also cannot wait to get my page up and running. I already have some $$$$ to throw on it. Good luck Climbered I also got my first fleece in 2010 and it is soooooo nice. Hopefully this year I will be able to hit the mark again. Have a safe hike the rock pile after Christmas.

BlueDog
11-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Great to see more people energized to capture the $1k goal! I'm looking forward to getting started too, and capturing fleece #4. Can't believe this will already be my fifth STP!

Is it too early to start voting on colors? :P

crudio
11-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Hey, guys! So great to hear the enthusiasm for STP11!

I've got some good news, and some... less good news. The less good news is that registration for STP 11 will not be opening tomorrow as planned. I'm working with a consultant at our online database management agency to integrate some pretty robust new software for the back end transactions (software that will, at long last, be able to handle team registrations, among many other exciting new capabilities!). However, software integration never goes quite as smoothly as planned, and we haven't ironed out all the wrinkles yet. The last thing we want to do is unleash a new registration process that doesn't quite work! Hence, we are delaying registration until the new system is fully vetted.

The good news is that we will be launching the rest of the new Seek the Peak 11 site tomorrow as promised! I'll save the big announcement and hooplah for when we get the registration and giving pages live as well, but you diehards can preview the rest of the site in the meantime. We gave it a much-needed graphic update that better reflects the high-profile status Seek the Peak has risen to in recent years! I think you'll like it.

So that's the update for now -- I'll chime in again when we're getting close to a go-live. Maybe I'll even give you guys a lil' head start on the masses. ;)

crudio
11-30-2010, 05:10 PM
The new page going live in a few minutes! ;)

...And registration will be coming soon!

kendra4
11-30-2010, 06:09 PM
AWESOME! I am so Excited about STP11 !!!!!! I cant wait!

Brad
11-30-2010, 06:10 PM
It looks great!!!!

Snow Miser
11-30-2010, 06:39 PM
The new format looks great!!!

BlueDog
11-30-2010, 07:45 PM
New site looks great!

"Team registration" you say? Hmmmmm....

CHRIS
11-30-2010, 07:58 PM
It does look great. I am getting sooooo excited to register.

crudio
12-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the accolades! Glad you like it.

Yes, our new software will allow registrants to make or join a team of up to 8 people. There will still be the $100 fundraising minimum per person, but teams can set their own goal as a group and work towards it together.

It will be interesting to see how people use the team functionality this first year... our guess is that it will be pretty popular. Returning folks like you all can join together if you're so inclined, and hopefully we'll now (finally) be able to reach out to some ski clubs, office groups, sports teams, etc. People who study these things say that folks are much more highly motivated when they're a part of a team. And I'm SURE it will make things more fun!

Brad
12-01-2010, 09:04 AM
This sounds like Charlie and I could be one team and fund raise together as a family - since he is my twin brother. :cool:

BlueDog
12-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Will there be different "incentives" for groups, or will they break down the same for the individuals in the group?

Where are my fellow kilted hikers? :)

CHRIS
12-01-2010, 02:53 PM
We are HERE, We are PROUD and We are FREE !!!!

Kilt #2 coming for Xmas :). This time it going to be a AmeriKilt. Utilikilt has gotten waaaay to expensive.

Snow Miser
12-01-2010, 03:00 PM

Good Idea!!! A "Kilted Hikers Society" group. :)

Brad
12-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Good Idea!!! A "Kilted Hikers Society" group. :)
Your group picture is included in the photo gallery for the new site.

Snow Miser
12-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Your group picture is included in the photo gallery for the new site.

And it may have two more members this year!

BlueDog
12-01-2010, 04:15 PM

Rock on! Though I'm not sure if we really need to see Brad in a kilt. :P

Brad
12-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Rock on! Though I'm not sure if we really need to see Brad in a kilt. :P

I know the answer to that one - NOPE. It is hard enough for you folks to have to deal with me here on the forum.

BAXTERCA2
12-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Will there be different "incentives" for groups, or will they break down the same for the individuals in the group?

I'll start working on a better sign for the "Hikers in Kilts" STP11

CHRIS
12-01-2010, 06:21 PM
Last years sign was pretty darn cool.....

Charlie
12-01-2010, 10:16 PM

your not talking about me are you

Snow Miser
12-01-2010, 10:23 PM
your not talking about me are you

No, it's me and someone else. :D

climbered
12-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Hey, can anyone join the "KILT Club"..you know what they say.."If you can't beat them, join them. Have a Merry Christmas all. And kudos to the team on the new web site..looks awesome.

climbered

Brad
12-02-2010, 09:05 AM
Hey, can anyone join the "KILT Club"..you know what they say.."If you can't beat them, join them. Have a Merry Christmas all. And kudos to the team on the new web site..looks awesome.

climbered
My take is anyone who summits Mt Washington wearing a kilt is in the club.

BlueDog
12-02-2010, 09:47 AM
My take is anyone who summits Mt Washington wearing a kilt is in the club.

First rule of Kilt Club... :X

MOAB149
12-02-2010, 11:33 AM
I'm in, WOOT!

Snow Miser
12-02-2010, 12:33 PM
STP11 for me!!!

BanjoChris
12-02-2010, 12:53 PM
As usual, I'm a little late to the party, but the new site looks great and I can't wait for registration to open. I've got a bunch of people at work talking about a team...maybe with corporate sponsorship...hmmmm...

I look forward to the friendly fundraising competition and another great climb up the rock pile!!!

BanjoChris

MOAB149
12-02-2010, 01:04 PM
First rule of Kilt Club... :X

The Kilt Club Motto is:

"Nothing is worn under my Kilt. Everything is in perfect working order. Thanks for asking."

Snow Miser
12-02-2010, 01:08 PM
As usual, I'm a little late to the party, but the new site looks great and I can't wait for registration to open. I've got a bunch of people at work talking about a team...maybe with corporate sponsorship...hmmmm...

I look forward to the friendly fundraising competition and another great climb up the rock pile!!!

BanjoChris

It was really nice to hike down with you and Armando last year. Look forward to seeing you again this year. Did you buy some good supplies with your award? Good luck fundraising!

Brad
12-02-2010, 02:49 PM

BanjoChris
Since it is all going for a good cause, we are in it together - as long as I get my fleece.

Trailsend
12-02-2010, 08:15 PM
The new STP 11 site really looks good!!...

Can't wait to start working on my new hiker page.

Anna LeBlanc
12-04-2010, 04:48 PM
No, it's me and someone else. :D

Bob-I would love to see you in a kilt! I'm not so sure about Gary and Nigel though.;)

Snow Miser
12-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Bob-I would love to see you in a kilt! I'm not so sure about Gary and Nigel though.;)

Anna. Dave is going to help me get one early next summer at a festival out his way. It will certainly be an interesting experience the first time. :D

MOAB149
12-05-2010, 09:15 AM
Is it too early to start voting on colors? :P

You thinking Breast Cancer Awareness Pink? It'll go great with the Kilt.

BlueDog
12-05-2010, 08:00 PM
You thinking Breast Cancer Awareness Pink? It'll go great with the Kilt.

You're thinking of the Hike for Hooters event! LOL

BanjoChris
12-15-2010, 07:56 AM
It was really nice to hike down with you and Armando last year. Look forward to seeing you again this year. Did you buy some good supplies with your award? Good luck fundraising!

Bob,

I enjoyed the company on the trip down as well. Most of the "proceeds" went to school supplies...and a little frivolity, it's really hard to find something truly useful at Brookstone, but most of their stuff is fun to play with!!

I'm looking forward to 2011!!!

Good luck to all in Fundraising!!

Chris

Snow Miser
12-15-2010, 08:06 AM
I'm looking forward to 2011!!! Good luck to all in Fundraising!!

Chris,

Good luck to you with fundraising!!! The website should be up and working any day. Look forward to seeing you again this year.

Bob

photosbyjoe
01-06-2011, 11:34 PM
When can we register???? Would like to start my fund raising drive by directing people to my site!!!! Also I am a Scot's man and I am considering wearing my clan's tartan on my climb for STP11.

KD Talbot
01-12-2011, 09:37 PM
All clans welcome! New STP site is up and running, no?

http://www.seekthepeak.org/

KDT

BlueDog
01-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Not quite yet. Theyve moved to some new software on the backend for the site to make it bigger, better, stronger. But there are still a few bugs being worked out.

BlueDog
01-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Cara/Scot... can someone explain how the Teams thing works? Do we need to each register as individuals first then form a team? Or do we all raise money into one team goal instead of individuals?

h2oeco
01-31-2011, 08:29 PM
I was involved in the testing, so I can give some info about how the site works - basically, one person creates the team, then others can join by searching for you by your "team name" - to join, they need to know your team password (by default, this is the password you chose during your registration). Even if you are part of a team, you still have an "individual" registration, because this is the record that gets you your shirt, goody bag, etc. Hope that helps.

I do not know exactly how the collecting of money and the awarding of prices will work.

Ed

Brad
01-31-2011, 08:29 PM
If I remember correctly when I was testing, you sign up and say you are associated with a team. You can create the team or connect to an existing one. Donations can start down the path of a team - but once identified you select a person on the team to donate to. I do not know if you see the individual's status of donations or the team's or both.