PDA

View Full Version : Trish and Alex story to be published by Broadway Books

TrishandAlex
12-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Alex and I are pleased to announce that my memoir of our NH48 quest will be published by Broadway Books (an imprint of Crown Publishing Group). Tentative date for publication is spring 2012.

Alex asked me to write this book, and she has been involved with every single step of the submission process. I have left every final decision to her; this her book as much as it is mine. A polished draft of the manuscript is finished (we shopped it after I completed the entire thing), though I expect the editor at Broadway Books will want me to tweak and alter the draft as she sees fit.

It is our hope that this book inspires little ones to believe in themselves and act on their dreams. We hope that readers will take their kids hiking, and we hope that more mother-daughter teams get out there and enjoy all that the wilderness has to offer.

I first began posting accounts of our hiking right here on the Mount Washington Obs Forum, back in the summer of 2008. I received a lot of support from this community -- that support meant a lot to me -- thank you.

Happy hiking, everyone. Enjoy yourselves, and stay safe.

BlueDog
12-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Congratulations! I remember when you started posting your trail reports and always looked forward to the next adventure. Please sign me up for one copy autographed by both authors! :)

KSearl
12-16-2010, 09:10 PM
That's wonderful news!!! Congratulations!!! I'm sure spring 2012 will be here before you know it. I'm looking forward to getting a copy!

Again, congrats!
Karl

Jacko44
12-17-2010, 12:15 AM
Congrats! That is fabulous news. Will it be distributed regionally or nationwide?

KathyC
12-17-2010, 03:42 AM
That's Amazing!! Congrats to all of you!!

mtruman
12-17-2010, 06:49 AM
That's just fantastic Trish!! I've enjoyed following the story in real time and can't wait see it in print. There are so many things beyond hiking that this story tells about how we can raise our kids to great people. I'm with Erich - autographed copy please! I'll also be looking forward to the sequel as you and the girls continue your many adventures. Congratulations!!!

Anna LeBlanc
12-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Congratulations Trish,I hope the bookstores down here carry it so I can get a copy.Maybe the OBS could carry it so we could purchase it through them and help to support them that way too.

TrishandAlex
12-17-2010, 08:34 AM
Thanks, everyone!

Broadway Books is an imprint of Crown, which is turn is part of Random House. The book will be available nationwide and will be in all major bookstores. I anticipate it will also be available in specialty stores as well.

Mark, my long term goal is to write YA novels, so while there may or may not be a sequel to this specific book, there will be other manuscripts I hope to publish. My YA novel is 75% finished, and I've a third that's got a good beginning (I like working on two things at once).

I cannot properly express how much the support of everyone over here has meant to me. Thank you!!!

CHRIS
12-17-2010, 10:00 AM
This really is awesome news. I do look forward to reading it. Congradulations to both of you.

Snow Miser
12-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Congratulations Trish & Alex!!! That's wonderful news. I too would like to buy a signed copy. Perhaps the two of you can do a book signing somewhere? That would be nice. :)

mrohssler
12-17-2010, 05:24 PM
Congrats, What a wondefull thing. Reserve me aautographed copy and let me know when you have a confirmed release date and we will try to get you and the girls a spot on comcast Spotlight.

Trailsend
12-17-2010, 08:51 PM
Congratulations to both of you, that is great news!!!! I am looking forward to purchasing the book and reading it. I too at times have followed your hikes in your website and this forum.

TrishandAlex
12-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Congrats, What a wondefull thing. Reserve me aautographed copy and let me know when you have a confirmed release date and we will try to get you and the girls a spot on comcast Spotlight.

That would be fantastic, thanks!

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words of support! We are happy this is happening; Broadway Books is a fantastic publisher. Life is good.

KathyC
12-19-2010, 08:30 AM
I would def. try to get up there for a book signing.

smithtim
12-19-2010, 05:42 PM
CONGRADS, CONGRADS & MORE CONGRADS

please let us know when it is out so I can purchase one to read as I'm considering setting a goal to join the 48 in winter committee myself and would love to read about your experience with the 48

kellyjames0510
12-20-2010, 11:17 PM
That's great!!! Congratulations! I hope that there will be more books to be published. Keep up the good work!!

TrishandAlex
12-21-2010, 05:49 AM
Kathy and smithtim, thanks. I will keep everyone posted as the book nears publication date.

dhutchinson
12-21-2010, 09:50 PM
Congrats you guys! Well done to you both...