PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Tecumseh 12/16

ow2010
12-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Hiked Mt. Tecumseh today from Waterville Valley Ski Area. I hadn't heard particularly great things about the mountain, and it wasn't a terrible hike, but I don't know that it will be on my list of repeat-hikes any time soon, haha. The weather was nice, a light and steady snow, little wind, unfortunately low visibility. It was clear in the morning though. It took us a little bit longer than planned partly because we lost the trail at one point, and partly because I wanted to take it slow because I'm recovering from an injured knee. Overall, the hike was definitely worth, and now I can move into the double digits with my 48 :)
Full report with pictures:
http://opw9010.blogspot.com/2010/12/december-16-2010-mount-tecumseh-9.html

KSearl
12-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Great Job Owen! I agree...nothing much memorable about this hike. I actually enjoyed the Sosman Trail more than the Mount Tecumseh Trail, which we explored just after summiting. It must have been nice to hike in some steady snow...not sure why I love hiking while it's snowing, but I do. I feel it's very peaceful.

Great write up and pictures on your blog too! Congrats on number 9!

Karl

ow2010
12-17-2010, 11:23 PM
Thanks Karl! I would have liked to check out Sosman Trail but we kind of ran out of time and daylight. I definitely agree about the peacefulness of a consistent snowfall - nothing better than the calmness of nature.

mtruman
12-18-2010, 09:32 AM
Nice Owen! Perhaps not the best mountain or the greatest views but certainly a nice day in the snowy woods. I see double digits in your near future too :)