PDA

View Full Version : Moat Mountain Access - Winter Road Closure

KSearl
12-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

I was hoping someone on the forums could help me out. I was thinking of hiking South and Middle Moat on Monday (27th), but yet again, I looked on the map, and the road the trailhead is on says "closed in the winter".

So, it looks like the trailhead is on Dugway Road coming from the west, which says it's closed...however, from the east, it is called Passaconaway Road, but doesn't indicate that is closes.

Can anyone fill me in on whether the trailhead access is closed off in the winter due to lack of plowing? If so, does anyone know if that has happened yet this year (I know a lot can happen between now and Monday)? Finally, what's the best way to access the trailhead...I assume from the east on Passaconaway Road since I will be making my way up RT16?

Thanks for the help!
Karl

Jimmy Legs and Little d
12-21-2010, 01:16 PM
Hi Karl,
We hiked South Moat from Passaconaway Road last winter. It's a residential area so it's plowed.
Nice parking lot at the trailhead too. Doesn't look like much snow on the Moats from other recent trip reports. Enjoy the hike!

Donna:)

KSearl
12-22-2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks Donna! This information is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate it.

Karl