PDA

View Full Version : New "Winter 48" Record Attempt in Progress

mtruman
12-30-2010, 06:03 PM
Today is day two of a planned 5 day blitz on the NH 48. FARMER (Ryan) started yesterday with Cabot, Waumbek, the Wildcats and Carters and Isolation. Today was a full Presidential Traverse, Tom, Field, Willey and Carrigain (planned). You can see his planned itinerary on this thread on Views from the Top: http://www.viewsfromthetop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38392

He's also carrying a SPOT locator with live tracking enable so you can follow his progress: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0c8QEPpvqrAIqIjfzfMT71qbKsRFt3F Sv

The weather forecast is looking good and the first two days have been amazing to watch. Let's all cheer him on to a new W48 record!

Snow Miser
12-30-2010, 07:25 PM
Good Luck Ryan, you can do it!!!!!

smithtim
01-01-2011, 10:23 AM
thanks for sharing that.... pretty amazing & GO RYAN!

mtruman
01-01-2011, 02:37 PM
For those that haven't been following the live feed yesterday Ryan did Canon, the Kinsmans, Moosilauke and Tecumseh. Got cut a bit short by the warm-up and deteriorating conditions I think. So far today SPOT has him finishing the Hancocks and Osceolas and as of a few minutes ago he was in Lincoln presumably on the way to the next trailhead - not sure which one. The warm weather and forecast for rain are going to make this a real tough next day or so. Stay tuned...

mtruman
01-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Sadly the weather brought too much of an influence and after 28 peaks in 4 days Ryan has decided to pack it in. This one is over but I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Farmer soon. Can't wait to see what's next!

Brad
01-01-2011, 09:04 PM
His was a fantastic effort. The weather did him in - but he sure was on track with his plan.

KSearl
01-02-2011, 02:56 PM
I enjoyed following it! I'm looking forward to his next attempt. Who would have guessed we'd get such warm temps around New Years? Usually it's frigid cold.

28 peaks in 4 days is still an enormous accomplishment.

Karl