PDA

View Full Version : Wasatch Mountains, Sierra Nevada, Cascades....?

Bill O
01-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Nope, coastal New Jersey. Ground zero in the 2010 blizzard.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-535269

JimS
01-02-2011, 10:02 AM
My wife and I were in NJ after the storm. At her parents house down the shore, there were about 26"...truly historic. At my parents house in the NW, there were 10 inches...rather lame!

KathyC
01-02-2011, 10:20 AM
I'm in North Jersey, we got about 20" where I am.

Charlie
01-02-2011, 02:08 PM
why no chains on the fire truck
when they are calling for a good amount of snow the chains go on our fire trucks . i remember one year they still did no good and we had to have a very large township plow go in front of us on the way to calls
it was so bad that the state asked all the quarry's if there very large loaders could help get the snow off the main roads ,there buckets cleared 2 lanes at one time

Bill O
01-02-2011, 03:27 PM
This snowstorm ended up being a real natural disaster. For two weeks the storm was in the forecast with only a slight possibility of it hitting the region. It wasn't until Christmas morning that snow was in the forecast and by Christmas afternoon there were full on blizzard warnings. It was like getting hit with a category one hurricane with only 15 hours notice. So much of the snow had to do with local scale banding that just cannot be forecasted. The official forecasts say 6-12" storm total then the next forecast comes out and it says 18-24" and when the snow finally stops you have close to 30". Snow is so hard to forecast.

It was a good storm.