PDA

View Full Version : Help with Obscast

Steve M
02-18-2007, 09:12 PM
Can anyone help me figure out why when I go in to the obscast page none of the listed links will show me anything?? When I click on a date, a window opens but nothing happens. It's just blank white. Once a little note in yellow told me to click it and another instance of the MWO page came up but the window it opened in could not be maximized. The window is only like 3" x 5" and can only be minimized or closed. Any sugestions?

hobbes
02-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Try right-clicking on a date link and selecting Save As...

Save it to your local disk, then open the file.

Chances are your computer may not have an application installed that can play .mp4 files and/or your browser doesn't have an application associated with it.

Bill O
02-19-2007, 08:34 AM
The size of the window is fixed, it cannot be resized. MWO has to deal with bandwidth and storage issues so that's the size of the video.

You probably can't view it because you don't have the right programs installed. My Obscasts always play on Quicktime. They play on other player, but Quicktime seems to be the default.

My suggestion is re-install Quicktime and don't change any setting.

Steve M
02-20-2007, 11:27 PM
Bill, that helped alot, thanks!

Bill O
02-21-2007, 08:42 AM
If you save the video to your desktop you can then re-size the window. You are just enlarging the original video though so the quality will not improve.