PDA

View Full Version : MT Hood Rescue again underway

AlpineHikerFan71
02-19-2007, 09:55 AM
http://wbztv.com/topstories/topstories_story_049210525.html

From Channel 4 WBZ in Boston

KD Talbot
02-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Just saw on ABC they are all down (dog, too!) and in good health. Much better ending than the last one we discussed.
KDT

Proweaver
02-19-2007, 07:07 PM
They are not down yet. !! The have been found but they a warming them up They said it would take 5 hours for them to hike down They are able to hike down on their own with the the rescue team

AlpineHikerFan71
02-19-2007, 07:10 PM
They are not down yet. !! The have been found but they a warming them up They said it would take 5 hours for them to hike down They are able to hike down on their own with the the rescue team

CBS 4 in Boston just announced all were rescued from Mt hood on monday

http://wbztv.com/topstories/topstories_story_050145220.html

Glad to see a happy ending to this story

AlpineHikerFan71
02-19-2007, 09:24 PM
Just saw on ABC they are all down (dog, too!) and in good health. Much better ending than the last one we discussed.
KDT

Sorry KDT,
I didnt see you posted this already, my bad over here.

Patrad Fischroy
02-20-2007, 08:26 AM
This morning they are saying that the dog contributed to their survival, helped to keep them warm. The curious thing in my mind is that the stories said that these folks were separated from their group due to a fall off a ledge. How did the dog stay with them in the fall? Were they belaying the dog on the climb as well?

Bill O
02-20-2007, 08:38 AM
From what I can tell they didn't fall off a ledge. To the average American it was a ledge, to climbers it was more like a snow slope. The dog simply ran down after them. I don't even think the slope was very steep, the party that fell just happened to slide a long way. A miracle nobody caught a crampon or was impailed by an ice axe.

Patrad Fischroy
02-20-2007, 08:42 AM
That makes more sense to me, thanks. I just read ledge and assumed technical climbing. I was getting pretty impressed by that dog.