PDA

View Full Version : Registration for Seek the Peak 11 is OPEN!

fifteendays
01-31-2011, 05:24 PM
Hello everyone,

Registration for Seek the Peak 11 is now OPEN at SeekThePeak.org (http://www.SeekThePeak.org)!

There's a lot of new functionality on the website this year. Once you register and create your fundraising webpage, you'll be presented a full set of tools that will help you set goals, manage your tasks and keep all your contacts in order. It's going to be a great help!

Also, the registration structure is a bit different this year as well. There are three registration levels: Hero Hiker, Base Hiker and Virtual Hiker.
Virtual Hiker is for those who cannot physically be here, but they believe in this unique cause and want to help out.
Base Hiker is free just like previous editions of STP.
Hero Hiker is for those who step up to the next level and kick in a voluntary $25 to roughly cover their portion of the event expenses.

The first 500 hikers to reach the $100 fundraising minimum will receive a stuff sack filled with great event goodies, including a long sleeve cotton STP t-shirt. New for 2011, there are two "Premium" packages for the serious Seek the Peak fan. Celebrating our new partnership with Eastern Mountain Sports, each package offers a very special Techwick shirt and a water bottle. The top package also offers a Seek the Peak logo hat and camp chair!

So that's the story... Join us for the 11th edition of Seek the Peak, July 22-23, 2011 and help support this great institution. It's a fantastic event and we are so proud of how it has grown over the years. THANK YOU for making it happen!

Enjoy!

Scot Henley
Executive Director
MWOBS

BlueDog
01-31-2011, 05:33 PM
First hiker registered FTW!

Snow Miser
01-31-2011, 06:59 PM
Seventh to register! Let the fundraising begin.

CHRIS
01-31-2011, 07:59 PM
Registered and already have my first donation. Thank you !!!!!
Cannot wait til July now to see everybody.

BlueDog
01-31-2011, 09:52 PM
Registered and already have my first donation. Thank you !!!!!
Cannot wait til July now to see everybody.

Whoooo! Chris raising the bar already! (And thanks to the head of the KHS fan club no less!)

BAXTERCA2
01-31-2011, 10:07 PM
Whoooo! Chris raising the bar already! (And thanks to the head of the KHS fan club no less!)

I do what I can... No worries, I'll make it to your page too BlueDog

climbered
02-15-2011, 08:39 AM
Ye ha....here we go. Can't wait to see everyone again.

KSearl
02-22-2011, 07:32 PM
It's official...I've registered for my very first Seek the Peak! Can't wait to meet everyone!

Karl

Snow Miser
02-22-2011, 07:51 PM
That's really cool Karl. Glad you are going to be part of the event. It's a lot of fun raising money for the Obs, then participating in July. Looking forward to meeting you then, if not before.

CHRIS
02-22-2011, 08:20 PM
That's wonderful Karl. This will be my fourth STP and I look forward to it every year. It is such a great cause. You could always become a member of the Kilted Hikers. :-). Bob is becoming one this year. It's awesome.looking forward to meeting you in person.

mtruman
02-22-2011, 08:47 PM
Way to go Karl. I got my necessary motivation today as well and finally registered myself. Hope to be able to employ some new fundraising ideas this year. The key as always is just getting started!

h2oeco
02-22-2011, 09:34 PM
I've started... Heh, heh, heh... :-)

mtruman
02-22-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks to Tom and Atticus for sponsoring me (and a couple of other STP hikers) for this year. Tom's Facebook invitation got me off my butt and registered.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/161989_179583055409476_532365_n.jpg

For those that don't know the story (saga) of Tom and Atticus' travels in the Whites check out the Facebook fan page for the new book that they have coming out in September. I for one plan to be signed up for an early autographed copy! http://www.facebook.com/pages/Following-Atticus/179583055409476

mtruman
02-22-2011, 09:47 PM
I've started... Heh, heh, heh... :-)

"Started" - which in Ed's terms means only $600 so far (although I haven't checked again in the last 30 seconds). Go get 'em champ!!

CHRIS
02-23-2011, 06:41 AM
I also am waiting for Tom And Atticus book. I look forward to reading.
I thought I was doing pretty good @ a little over 300. On my STP but Ed went right by me so fast I felt my hair move. Good luck to all and can't wait for July.

Snow Miser
02-23-2011, 06:58 AM
Ed certainly is the champion fundraiser! Good luck to all, no matter much we each can raise.

KSearl
02-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Wow....$600....already!?!?!?! That's awesome! Although, I must say, it's making my $35 look pretty puny! Along with Mark, a big thanks to Tom & Atticus http://tomandatticus.blogspot.com/ for supporting over 70% of my funds raised so far...I'm getting excited for July to get here!

Karl

BanjoChris
03-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Better Late than Never!!!

Though I have been very busy recruiting climbers. This year I will have a gagle of people climbing with me, everyone from my lovely wife to the owner of the company I work for...he and his son are going to use the climb as a prep from climbing Kilamjaro in September.

I'm looking forward to seeing all my new friends from 2010!!!

BanjoChris