PDA

View Full Version : Where Are You Staying For STP 2011?

mtruman
03-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Just made our reservations for Moose Brook campground for Seek the Peak. Making the reservations seems to be the thing that gets me most looking forward to the event each year. Anyone else made plans yet? Where are you staying?

I'm even more psyched since our STP stay is planned for 7 days with hopefully lots more hiking and perhaps even a backpack for a couple of days.

While I was booking that I also made reservations for 2 nights at Lakes of the Clouds in mid-June (hopefully with the Alpine Garden in full bloom). We've talked about this the last couple of years and have gotten sidetracked for some reason. Really looking forward to a weekend "on high" as a STP warm-up!

BlueDog
03-05-2011, 12:55 PM
Not sure on where I'm staying yet, but I'm thinking of trying to book a full week up there too. Wanna try and get a bunch of mtns in during the trip. Also, there's still a handful of people thinking about heading up the mountain on Friday, overnight at Lakes, and come down on Saturday.

CHRIS
03-05-2011, 02:01 PM
I am hoping we will be in our own house up there by then :-)

mtruman
03-05-2011, 02:57 PM
Not sure on where I'm staying yet, but I'm thinking of trying to book a full week up there too. Wanna try and get a bunch of mtns in during the trip. Also, there's still a handful of people thinking about heading up the mountain on Friday, overnight at Lakes, and come down on Saturday.

I forgot the discussion about Lakes. Just checked the AMC website and they are already full for Friday night. The June/July/August weekend dates get booked really quickly starting in January. When we did our two hut-to-huts we booked in January and it was already tough to get the four nights at successive huts together even with weekdays for most of them. The weekend we just grabbed in mid-June was already almost full and the first Saturday in June was booked. Even with the higher prices now the huts are REALLY popular.

If you're going to stay for the week we'll definitely have to make plans and get some peaks in together. Plenty of time to figure that out. We're going up on Friday and staying to Thursday as it now stands (although if the weather is good we might extend that).

Charlie
03-05-2011, 07:29 PM

im staying at Chris house

BAXTERCA2
03-05-2011, 11:03 PM
I'll be staying close by (DC) since there's a sunrise opening for the Auto Rd Sunday 7/24. Of course everything depends on what Mother Nature throws our way.

Brad
03-06-2011, 07:54 AM

im staying at Chris house

I'll be staying close by (DC) since there's a sunrise opening for the Auto Rd Sunday 7/24. Of course everything depends on what Mother Nature throws our way.
I hate to remind you, but I am staying at home. :-) Like Karen, I am planning on doing the Sunrise Drive on the Auto Road the next day.

Snow Miser
03-06-2011, 10:35 AM
We will be up there from Thursday through Monday, probably staying at the Jefferson Notch Motel like years past. The Sunrise Drive is on our list too. It will be my first one.

BlueDog
03-06-2011, 11:27 AM
Hmmm... maybe I need to haul the motorcycle up for the sunrise run! :)

CHRIS
03-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Hope to do also do the Sunrise drive. Of course everything will be decided on my work schedule when I move up there. Hopefully I will be able to do both.

Charlie
04-09-2011, 10:28 PM
i just made my Reservation for STP and it is at Mt Madison Inn Thursday night until Saturday night
then i will be standing at the base of the auto road on Sunday morning to hitch a ride to the top for sunrise

KD Talbot
04-09-2011, 10:58 PM
As always... Moosebrook. All invited to the shelter for the after party party!

KDT

Brad
04-10-2011, 11:20 AM
i just made my Reservation for STP and it is at Mt Madison Inn Thursday night until Saturday night
then i will be standing at the base of the auto road on Sunday morning to hitch a ride to the top for sunrise
I will offer the Sunrise Drive ride for you.

Charlie
04-10-2011, 01:54 PM
I will offer the Sunrise Drive ride for you.

thanks thats what i was hopping for

Charlie
04-10-2011, 01:55 PM
As always... Moosebrook. All invited to the shelter for the after party party!

KDT

we will be there

Trailsend
04-10-2011, 07:05 PM
I will be staying at Moose Brook as well, I just booked from Thurs until Mon.

bbrackmann
04-23-2011, 10:57 AM
I'm hoping to do a mini traverse so made reservations just now at the Madison Springs Hut for Friday night 7/22. I just happened to get the very last 2 spots for that date. Still need a backup plan for staying in town Friday night in case weather makes us change from a traverse to just Washington so will look thru the threads of everyone's recommendations.

climbered
04-28-2011, 09:08 AM
I will be staying in Groham at the Royalty Inn..Sunrise trip sounds good also. Have open spot in truck for the offering.

climbered

CHRIS
06-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Just made our reservations at Carroll Motel and Cottages in Twin Mountain. Nice place and only 68.00 a night for a small cottage with nice screen porch and pool.