PDA

View Full Version : Bickford and Scarface ? Now There's a Pair! (12-Apr-2011)

1HappyHiker
04-13-2011, 03:06 PM
Nearly due east of the Skookumchuck trailhead are three little mountains: Bickford (2,374 ft); Scarface (2,802 ft); Big Bickford (3,261 ft). Since bushwhacking is the only means of access, these mountains only have a few occasional visitors.

Yesterday (12-April), I visited Bickford and Scarface mountains. I know that treks such as this have limited appeal. But, for anyone interested in reading more about this hike, just CLICK on the photo below and it will take you to a report posted on my Blog.

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_jMddpAdzX0E/TaWuM6VPbKI/AAAAAAAAJFw/6hxQBd6kU-g/s640/P1010777.JPG (http://1happyhiker.blogspot.com/2011/04/bickford-and-scarface-now-theres-pair.html)

JimS
04-13-2011, 03:40 PM
I couldn't be happier that you have been keeping this blog. Huge fan of your adventures...I learn so much about what's all out there! Thanks!

1HappyHiker
04-13-2011, 06:01 PM
I couldn't be happier that you have been keeping this blog. Huge fan of your adventures...I learn so much about what's all out there! Thanks!
Thanks Jim for the very nice comment . . . very much appreciated!

---------------
As a side note, I've been told by one person (so far) that my Blog report doesn't come up when clicking on my photo of Cannon Mountain. For anyone else who might experience that same problem, please try clicking on the link below. That should work. But if not, please let me know. Perhaps there is some other issue going on here.:confused:

http://1happyhiker.blogspot.com/2011/04/bickford-and-scarface-now-theres-pair.html

mtruman
04-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Since bushwhacking is the only means of access, these mountains only have a few occasional visitors.

This should be posted at the non-trailheads in these locations with a postscript that says "- except for 1 Happy Hiker".

Jim is so right! Loving the new blog. First thing to check in my daily RSS feed to see if I've got a new entry in the "path less traveled journal". Keep 'em coming John. Hope to add many of these to my retirement ramblings list someday.

KSearl
04-14-2011, 07:35 AM
John,

I'm with these guys. You're blog is awesome...right down to you mapped images. I love hearing about the bushwhacks and seeing views from perches that aren't typically visited. Thanks!

This looks like a great hike and these mountains are some that I have never heard of before (which is why the maps are so great!!!).

Karl

Snow Miser
04-14-2011, 07:40 AM
I am also with everyone else in saying I really enjoy following along on your hikes. Thanks for bringing us along with you.

1HappyHiker
04-14-2011, 12:32 PM
Jim; Mark; Karl; Bob: Okay guys . . . you're making me blush with such kind words!:o
I wish there was something more I could say other than a simple "thank you"!

Next week I'll be travelling down way down south (like NC & DE) to visit relatives. No off-trail adventures will result from those travels, but I'm hoping to get in some sort of hike during this visit.

Thanks again!

Jimmy Legs and Little d
04-15-2011, 02:49 PM
John,
Always most enjoyable. If you didn't post these lesser known places to hike, we would be at a lose. Also, like the way you can click on the picture and one is magically taken to your blog.
Look forward to some "southern" finds.

Donna:(