PDA

View Full Version : Percy Peaks and Pond Brook Falls (04-Jun-2011)

1HappyHiker
06-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Sometimes I even outdo myself in terms of getting a late start that is well beyond the 'crack of noon'. This past Saturday (04-June) was one of those days! With what was left of the afternoon, I opted to drive up north to the Nash Stream Forest and see what I could do in a few hours. I had in mind to visit at least one of the Percys (North or South), and maybe both depending upon how things went. Before embarking on a Percy pursuit, I also wanted to stop by Pond Brook Falls since that was a spot I'd never visited.

Below are two of the several snapshots that were taken during this trek. If you might be interested in reading more about this trek and/or seeing more photos, then please click HERE (http://1happyhiker.blogspot.com/2011/06/percy-peaks-and-pond-brook-falls.html) to access my Blog

Percy Peaks

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-WBrD99L5kNA/Te08x9gMjEI/AAAAAAAAJmE/hLttmLPOURY/s800/P1020712.JPG

Pond Brook Falls

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5kNlwlmZiSU/Te1IjvY3aEI/AAAAAAAAJnQ/OB5X5efBYg8/s800/PondBrkFalls.jpg

KD Talbot
06-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Outstanding report, John. Judy, Emma and I love the Percys, and will now have to visit Pond Brook Falls. I imagine the road was possibly soft from new fill in washouts created last Friday night during the torrential downpours across the north country and western Maine.

KDT

mtruman
06-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Very nice John. I had already read the blog post before seeing it here. All I can say is what a great way to spend an afternoon. Not getting out in the morning certainly didn't lead to a wasted day here! You've definitely put another spot on our growing list for the time that we finally get to do more exploring in the Whites (which can't come soon enough in my book).

Snow Miser
06-07-2011, 07:53 AM
Very nice report John! I really like the photo of the garden with the Percys in the background. Tending that garden would be such a delight with a view like that.

1HappyHiker
06-07-2011, 10:27 PM
Outstanding report, John. Judy, Emma and I love the Percys, and will now have to visit Pond Brook Falls. I imagine the road was possibly soft from new fill in washouts created last Friday night during the torrential downpours across the north country and western Maine.
Kevin, thanks for taking time to post a comment. I agree with your assessment about the "new fill". That's exactly what it appeared to be!

Very nice John. I had already read the blog post before seeing it here. All I can say is what a great way to spend an afternoon. Not getting out in the morning certainly didn't lead to a wasted day here! You've definitely put another spot on our growing list for the time that we finally get to do more exploring in the Whites (which can't come soon enough in my book).
Mark, I know EXACTLY how you feel about it "can't come soon enough"! My wife and I were so ecstatic when the day came that we could finally move to northern NH and call it home!

Very nice report John! I really like the photo of the garden with the Percys in the background. Tending that garden would be such a delight with a view like that.
Thanks Bob! I'm not much of a gardener, HOWEVER if gardening is what it might take to have a view like that in my backyard, then I'd definitely take an intense interest in becoming a gardener!!:D

Jimmy Legs and Little d
06-09-2011, 02:07 PM
More great pictures, John. Your picture of the Percy's remind me of Welch/Dickey and Morgan/Percival.

Donna