PDA

View Full Version : Tuckerman Ravine Trail Closure

Kimball
07-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Saw this notice come up a few days ago. Want to make sure people see it. I wonder how many Seek-the-Peak'er had planned to take Tucks?

RE: http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/forests/white_mountain/conditions/

... A major reconstruction project planned for this summer will require the closure of a significant area of Tuckerman Ravine to all use. This will include the section of the hiking trail from Hermit Lake Shelters to the Alpine Garden trail junction. Work is scheduled to begin July 18 and last 4-5 weeks. ...

Snow Miser
07-05-2011, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the heads up! We were going to come down that route. Guess it will be Lion Head instead.

Trailsend
07-05-2011, 10:18 PM
That was also my planned descend route, maybe I will team up with Bob and come down Lion Head as well.

natethechamp
08-16-2011, 10:10 AM
Been a lurker for a long time, but I finally have something worthwhile to post!

Tuck's has reopened.

We made the ascent this past Saturday (8/4). There was nothing posted about the trail either way at Pinkham Notch, so we took Lion Head up. Once we hit the peak we saw a steady stream of people making their way up through the Ravine. There was still a sign posted at the intersection saying Tuckerman's was closed. I spoke to the ranger at the top, and he told me they had reopened it that day. We went back down on the newly renovated trail, and, with the exception of some loose dirt and a little run off from the stream on the rocks making for some squirrelly footing, it looked great!