PDA

View Full Version : Did the prize rules change?

One_who_waits
07-12-2011, 05:13 PM
I just saw a post on the STP FB, that asks if the rules change.

Is this the case? Have team rules changed and now ony the people on the top two fundraising Teams get EMS gift Cards? I thought it was the top two of every team?

just curious.

kendra4
07-13-2011, 07:06 AM
I just hope that the winners of the gift cards in the teams raise more than I do!
I dont have a team and if a team winner gets $100 ems gift card for raising less than I do I will really wish I had a team!
10 more days left and I am pounding the pavement to get to $1000!

Snow Miser
07-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Kendra, Good Luck! You are getting closer. :)

mtruman
07-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Kendra - everyone in the Kilted Clan is now well over $1000 and the team is almost at $10,000. We're all cheering for you to get you your $1000 too!!!

I'll give you a challenge now though - get past the lowest individual total on our team and my $100 team gift card is yours - and I'll be very happy to give it up! All for a great cause!!!

Brad
07-14-2011, 07:36 AM
I just hope that the winners of the gift cards in the teams raise more than I do!
I dont have a team and if a team winner gets $100 ems gift card for raising less than I do I will really wish I had a team!
10 more days left and I am pounding the pavement to get to $1000!

We are getting down to the end here and I hope everyone has a great final week of getting donations in. One final email will go out today to try for the last donations...

kendra4
07-14-2011, 08:11 AM
MARK!
I love LOVE your offer! But I would feel bad to take your $100 gift card :/
I am sure you can use it and I think you have a daughter that probably would love to use it as well.
I will meet my goal for sure....I am up to $870 :)
Thank you again for your generous offer! Believe me I would love it!

Kendra :)

kendra4
07-14-2011, 08:14 AM
Brad,

How many people have hit the $1000 so far?

Brad
07-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Brad,

How many people have hit the $1000 so far?
20 people have reached the $1,000 mark. All 8 Kilted Clan members have achieved this. I am sure a few more will slip over that line this week.

KD Talbot
07-15-2011, 02:53 PM
We have hit $1000 as a team, but we've split the funds among the team members, so no one individual is over a thousand. At first I thought the team concept was good, but I am re-thinking as no one from our team will be in the $1000 line-up, or receive a jacket, which sucks. Would have been the fourth year in a row for a jacket...

Whatever, it's to raise money for the Obs, not to get a new jacket...

KDT

Brad
07-15-2011, 04:12 PM
Yes, getting to the $1,000 level is very hard. It takes a lot of $25 or $50 donations to make it. The jacket is a great reward for pulling it off. But, as you say, the real objective is to raise as much as possible for the Observatory - then we are all winners.

One_who_waits
07-21-2011, 08:52 PM
Well, these are very humbling responses. You folks have raised so much..... How do you do it?

I work in a Mill and it's tough. Foks have been good to me in the past, but this year I had to compete with Relay for life, little league, Girl Scouts, and an employee's house burning down. HR stepped up and kicked in. Wife and I only raised $579 and she did the Lions share. But we're still very pumped to have raised that.

Again, kudos to you folks. After seeing these responses, I'm wishing I never asked.

Have fun Saturday. Wife and I are pumped!!

mtruman
07-21-2011, 09:02 PM
Well, these are very humbling responses. You folks have raised so much..... How do you do it?

I work in a Mill and it's tough. Foks have been good to me in the past, but this year I had to compete with Relay for life, little league, Girl Scouts, and an employee's house burning down. HR stepped up and kicked in. Wife and I only raised $579 and she did the Lions share. But we're still very pumped to have raised that.

Again, kudos to you folks. After seeing these responses, I'm wishing I never asked.

Don't put yourself down for raising $579 - that's fantastic. Times are tough and many situations can dictate the fundraising success level. I think that many of us have just been very fortunate to have at least a few people that make large individual contributions. Competing with a number of other fundraising events among your major circle of potential givers makes it really hard. Hats off to you and your wife for keeping at it! Hope to see you Saturday.

Brad
07-21-2011, 09:45 PM

You can be proud of raising that much! It is hard to do especially when you are probably getting $20 and $25 donations. It takes a lot to get up over $500. I did not tap on people I work with much at all. This was partly because they are being hit by all sorts of local groups and events. It would be nice to pull in what Ed does - but, there is only one Ed. Getting over the $1,000 mark is very hard. When we have the Awards dinner they normally have the $1,000 level folks come up to stand in a line. It has been getting longer each year - but, it is still not a lot of people. It is plain tough to do.

Every bit each person can pull in helps and it is amazing when we see the ending total. It would be wonderful to break the $200,000 mark this year. I have heard we are close.

Breeze
07-23-2011, 05:45 PM
Just sending some love to all of you this year. Fundraising is hard work anytime, and in this economy it is even tougher sledding.

Since early this morning at the AR tollhouse, the buzz has been vibrant, enthusiastic, upbeat, fun and a great band of volunteers started arriving early to help set up the base party and Expo area. Although enthusiasm doesn't always make money in the short run, enthusiasm is infectious over the long run and this Seek the Peak Party had a strong early indication that support runs deep. It was fabulous to see so many smiling faces early this morning and through the day.

Breeze