PDA

View Full Version : Backup Ride

mrohssler
07-18-2011, 03:26 PM
I will be on the summit on Saturday about noon and will be hanging out until abouit three in case anyone is in the need of an emergency ride down from illness or fatigue. Check with the summit staff if you are truly in need. I am doing this on my own and is not sponsored by the Obs

kendra4
07-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Nice to know your there! I have 3 friends hiking with me. 2 have never hiked Mt. Washington.
If they are tired and legs giving out maybe we could catch a ride to old jackson road at the 2 mile marker.
Let me know if your charging or if you would just like us to throw you some gas money if we take a ride.
Thanks again :)

Snow Miser
07-18-2011, 04:36 PM
I'm glad you are going to be up there Mark!!! I should be up there around noon, before heading back down Lion Head to the dinner. I'll be looking for you. :)

mrohssler
07-18-2011, 05:09 PM
To Kendra4. I am not charging, but if your companions are haveing problems turn back earlier. I will be glad to help out anyone really in need but my intention is not to be a ride for someone that is just tired. Rides are to be reserved for the injured or ill. As always anyone hikeing Mt Washington should be prepared to hike both ways and plan accordingly

kendra4
07-18-2011, 08:33 PM
I appologise....I Misunderstood your post.
If any of my friends or myself get injured or ill we will be turning back or heading to the top and finding a medic! lol

mtruman
07-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Nice offer Mark. Look forward to seeing you up there on Saturday!

KathyC
07-19-2011, 06:53 PM
I didn't know that I could have driven to the top that day...:(