PDA

View Full Version : contest for March??

rockin rex
03-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Didn't see a new contest for March. If temp doesn't work what about wind speed?? I know March started but it could be started just a bit late or just start it for April. Having a weather contest each month is a neat idea.

Brad
03-01-2007, 07:21 PM
Didn't see a new contest for March. If temp doesn't work what about wind speed?? I know March started but it could be started just a bit late or just start it for April. Having a weather contest each month is a neat idea.
Yes it is a great idea. But, it can get expensive for poor Bill.

Steve M
03-02-2007, 01:20 AM
Hey Bill, Do you fund these contests yourself?? I guess that would be expensive. Maybe there should be a forum fund raiser once a year so we can keep the forums exciting and interesting!!!:rolleyes: food for thought.

tkahike
03-02-2007, 05:21 AM
Well I would like to see it keep going. And I would like to help Bill, so the out of pocket for him, is not totally by him.

Come summer we could do a daily high temp at the summit.

Bretton Woods Brat
03-02-2007, 06:49 AM
The contest is great and looking forward to the next one. Do we really need a prize? A star on the forehead would be fine with me or the letter L... ;)

Bill O
03-02-2007, 09:45 AM
The contest is great and looking forward to the next one. Do we really need a prize? A star on the forehead would be fine with me or the letter L... ;)

It really wasn't the money. Out of pocket for me was only a few dollars. You'd be surprised how cheap it is to print photos at Costco and have them shipped. I already had the frames from an earlier show, so it was no big deal.

So maybe we'll take a break for March and we'll do an April wind contest. Tis the season for big winds on Mount Washington. To make my life a lot simpler I'll cut the prize to one 5x7 matted print, and a pat on the back for everyone else.

Remind me in a few weeks and I'll get it setup again.

In the meantime I encourage you to do research on statistics and averages. A good forecast isn't going to win a wind contest, its all about the odds.

Brad
03-02-2007, 12:01 PM
And we need to discuss the rules. Closest actual wind speed but not higher then the guess - is my vote.

So, if the actual highest wind speed is 15mph and there are guesses at 10mph and 15.5mph, the 10mph wins.

davidhowland14
03-02-2007, 12:48 PM
sounds good to me, lets hope the winds go higher