PDA

View Full Version : Be Safe Everyone

KathyC
08-26-2011, 01:16 PM
This storm seems to be Extremely dangerous and heading directly for most of us.
I pray to God that all of us, our families, friends, and just everyone in general stays safe.

KathyC
08-27-2011, 08:03 AM
According to todays Observer Comments, it looks like they are pretty much closing down New Hampshire. I hope that the people that seek the danger adventures listen, because they will be stuck.

mtruman
08-27-2011, 09:40 AM
I second your thoughts Kathy. Prayers and thoughts to all along the path of the storm.

CHRIS
08-27-2011, 11:35 AM
I third that. Everybody be safe.

MelNino
08-28-2011, 08:32 AM
I hope everyone is holding up okay. Still have power here, though my parents and a friend lost power. It's just wind and rain here now, but the 2nd half is still to come.

Be Safe!

mtruman
08-28-2011, 10:45 AM
OK so far here in RI. Much less severe so far than forecast. The rain is winding down but the wind is still pretty strong. Hopefully everything stays put for another few hours. Hope everyone else is holding up as well.

Anna LeBlanc
08-28-2011, 12:04 PM
So far were doing ok here,made it through the first high tide now we wait for 8PM tonight-we have our cellar outside door sandbagged!

KathyC
08-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Beautiful sunshine here now and very breezey. My Mom's basement is flooded though, been up since 4 trying to keep up.

Snow Miser
08-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Sun is out here, and very breezy too. There is always beautiful weather after a hurricane leaves. Be safe all of you in New England.

MelNino
08-31-2011, 10:34 AM
30 minutes after I made my "still have power post," we lost it. Day 4, still no power, but AT&T set up some sorta machine outside, left it in for 12 hours.

I'm not complaining, it could have been worse, I had almost no food loss, only bad thing is I ran outta beer. I got to put my hiking gear to use. Watched the bats fly outside.

(btw, I recommend Newport Storm Hurricane. Rather nice beer, good at room temps)

Snow Miser
08-31-2011, 11:20 AM
(btw, I recommend Newport Storm Hurricane. Rather nice beer, good at room temps)

I will have to give this one a try in a couple of weeks when I'll be up there. Thanks! :)

Brad
08-31-2011, 06:50 PM
Our yard guy just left and he has all the branches and leaves picked up. Looks a lot better now. Today I saw that we have a tree down in the woods near the road and another by the lake. A couple of things to get on someone's list to remove.

MelNino
08-31-2011, 09:31 PM
My street got a generator.

Yeah!!! Hot shower and internet

Booo! too loud to have the windows open,

First world problems, huh?

Brad
08-31-2011, 09:39 PM
My street got a generator.

Yeah!!! Hot shower and internet

Booo! too loud to have the windows open,

First world problems, huh?
We shut our generator down when we went to bed. Then kicked it back on at 5am when we got up. Worked and got stuff done in the morning and then shut it down till time to get dinner. Saved a lot of propane for very little inconvenience and the freezers and refrigerators were fine with the reduced schedule.

MelNino
08-31-2011, 10:09 PM
Its the towns generator, I have no right to shut it down :)

Brad
09-01-2011, 07:32 AM
I am sure that is they implement a curfew and shut down the generator at night the hospitals will be overloaded with new babies in 9 months.

Snow Miser
09-01-2011, 10:18 AM
I am sure that is they implement a curfew and shut down the generator at night the hospitals will be overloaded with new babies in 9 months.

:) :D :cool: