PDA

View Full Version : Windswept fall 2011 "The Biggest Moment of Every Year"

BAXTERCA2
09-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Oh Scot Henley, You nailed the artice about Seek the Peak....

I'd like to thank the MW Observatory Summit and Valley staff for letting me be part of such a great event and to those of you who I now consider my friends.........See ya in July 2012

Charlie
09-29-2011, 07:11 PM
it was nice what he said about the Kilted Clan and i must say we did look good up there

Snow Miser
09-29-2011, 07:17 PM
My issue didn't come yet. :( Hopefully tomorrow! :)

BAXTERCA2
09-29-2011, 09:58 PM
It's true the Kilted Clan does look good in the Windswept issue page 8...

The article that I feel Scot nailed is on page 5-6. I love the entire article but, the part for me that hits home is this.

I'm also struck by the relationship that have been born from this event. Seek the Peak is like one giant Mount Washington Observatory family reunion. Together with the support of our online forums and Facebook, Seek the Peak is the great connector. Old friends travel from far and wide to spend one fantastic weekend together, hike the mountain, share a meal and some beers, possibly take home a prize and head back home to the daily grind , refreshed and rejuvenated. ~NAILED ~

CHRIS
09-30-2011, 06:35 AM
I haven't received mine yet either. I will be waiting near the mail box.

hobbes
09-30-2011, 08:22 AM
I haven't received mine yet either. I will be waiting near the mail box.
Why not head over to Multimedia > Windswept and read it online?

Snow Miser
09-30-2011, 08:31 AM
Why not head over to Multimedia > Windswept and read it online?

Thanks Robert! Didn't realize it would be available online so quickly.

CHRIS
09-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Just read the article. Great job Scott. I know for one I will be doing this every year for as long as I can for the love of the Obs. and the mountain. Hopefully this year we the Kilted Clan will kick butt and surpass last year $10,994.58. So lets go team and lets start raising money. July is just around the corner.:cool::cool:

Snow Miser
10-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Got to read the article last night, and it was very nicely written. Great job Scot! It's always so nice to help out such a fine organization like the MWOBS. The article "Seek the Peak 11 Raises Records" on pages 8 and 9 was very nice too.

hobbes
10-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Thanks Robert! Didn't realize it would be available online so quickly.
Me too. This was actually the first time it made it onto the site before my mailbox.

mtruman
10-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Haven't gotten mine yet either but just read the STP articles online. What struck me was Scot's comment about the event raising $11,000 total the first year - the same amount that the Kilted Clan raised this year. We've come a long way! It's going to be awesome breaking the $1M mark next year. Great stuff!!!

KathyC
10-29-2011, 04:53 AM
Mine just came last week, it was really late...
I'm just finishing up Following Atticus, once that is done I'll read it.:)

BAXTERCA2
06-29-2012, 10:57 AM
As I flipped thru the new issue of Wind Swept Summer 2012 this morning I wanted to say "Thank You" for mentioning Brad Bradstreet on pg 12. Not sure if page 12 was planned but, it seems appropriate given it's STP12. It reminded me of how much Brad loved being part of the Mount Washington Observatory, he was the biggest cheerleader for the OBS and so much more, he had an amazing way of keeping ALL of us connected.

Since STP12 is 22.5 days away....it seems like a good time to also remind everyone of the the November 2011 article that Scot Henley wrote.

I'm also struck by the relationship that have been born from this event. Seek the Peak is like one giant Mount Washington Observatory family reunion. Together with the support of our online forums and Facebook, Seek the Peak is the great connector. Old friends travel from far and wide to spend one fantastic weekend together, hike the mountain, share a meal and some beers, possibly take home a prize and head back home to the daily grind , refreshed and rejuvenated. ~NAILED ~

I consider many of you my friends & look forward to setting up the STP12 tent for dinner and seeing you there.
"ThePrez" of the Kilted Hikers

KathyC
06-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Great Post Karen!!!

This will be my first STP, not hiking but volunteering.
I'm really looking forward to it....:)

Snow Miser
06-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Very much agree Prez! Great post. Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year!!! :)

BAXTERCA2
06-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Great Post Karen!!!

This will be my first STP, not hiking but volunteering.
I'm really looking forward to it....:)

Thank you Kathy....I find it's best when you write from the heart so, I did.
In the words of Brad Bradstreet and The OBS valley crew....Volunteering is also very important piece of a successful STP.

Have you already signed up to volunteer with Abby? I actually like setting up the tent, in my mind (oh no :p) I'm getting things ready for all my friends to come for dinner.

KathyC
06-30-2012, 07:53 AM
I emailed a while ago, but have not heard anything back yet. Should I email again?

I told her that I'd be available all day on Friday so that I could have Saturday to just enjoy the whole day and get up on the mountain. And do to a torn labrum in my right hip I can't really do any lifting, pulling or anything like that.

BAXTERCA2
07-01-2012, 11:09 AM
No, I wouldn't email her again. Abby is very much on her game so, she'll reach out when she's ready.
Good luck with getting up the Auto Rd on Saturday... it's an extremely busy day!! I'm not a fan when it's that busy.

Anna LeBlanc
07-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Karen it will be up to you to keep them all in line!!:o Have fun doing it!!!!

BAXTERCA2
07-02-2012, 01:11 PM
No way!!! I'm not responsible for a single Kilted Hiker or or or, that's their wives job.
I'll be too busy to even see most of them.

CHRIS
07-02-2012, 09:16 PM
We are all very well behaved Kilted hikers. Hehehe.

BAXTERCA2
07-02-2012, 09:59 PM
We are all very well behaved Kilted hikers. Hehehe.

Clearly by that comment....I WILL need to find time to keep an eye on at least the well behaved Kilted Hikers :p

KathyC
07-10-2012, 07:58 PM
I'm doing registration 12-4 on Friday... :D