PDA

View Full Version : Level of membership???

Steve M
03-04-2007, 05:46 PM
I am sitting here renewing my MWO membership and I couldn't help wondering what level of membership all of you are at. I am family/dual. If you don't mind responding I would love to know. Also, I am curious as to the percentage of each level of membership. If anyone knows that would be great!

Bill O
03-04-2007, 05:53 PM
I'm a family/dual as well. I joined in the summit club, but I self-demoted. Hopefully I'll move back to club level in the near future.

I'm not sure about percentages. Take a look at the new members in the back of Windswept. I'm guessing that breakdown is a good representation.

Brad
03-05-2007, 05:46 AM
I have been sitting at Family membership level for years. Each summer I get in the Observatory for a tour and am always impressed with their professionalism and the work they are doing. And I find they keep on improving the web site for us all to enjoy. So, this past November I moved myself up to Summit level.

Steve M
03-05-2007, 05:39 PM
thanks for the responses so far. It always amazes me how many people read the posts yet so few ever reply. I wonder why that is?

Bill O
03-05-2007, 06:20 PM
It always amazes me how many people read the posts yet so few ever reply. I wonder why that is?

I feel the same way. So many lurkers, not so many posters.

tkahike
03-06-2007, 01:54 AM
I have the indivdual level. Mainly it is what I can budget for the year. I used to do the family, however as my family grew, I had to cut back.

Patrad Fischroy
03-06-2007, 08:40 AM
I too carry the individual. While I truly enjoy the website, I am too far distant to get any of the other benefits.

Steve M
03-07-2007, 01:08 PM
I hope no one feels self-conscious about their level of commitment to the Observatory. Everyone contributes to the level they can afford and any contribution in my opinion is awsome. I'm sure all of us would love to give more but the reality is that we all can only do what we can do. If a lot are giving a little, that is better than a few giving alot. It seems we are still increasing in new members on a regular basis and this is great. With more exposure will come more members. The Weather Channel has posted on their front page a link to the boiling water to snow footage shot the other day. That is great exposure. For anyone who hasn't seen it here's the link:

http://www.weather.com/multimedia/modules/browsevideodrilldown141_IPP.html#

donnellyvj
03-19-2007, 12:06 PM
How do you gain a level of membership? and what is it for? Thx

hobbes
03-19-2007, 12:10 PM
See http://www.mountwashington.org/about/membership/

Proweaver
03-19-2007, 01:31 PM
I have duel Menbership and I check the web site 3 times a day. I enjoy the videos each.

J Hosmer
Pittsburgh Pa

Steve M
03-20-2007, 10:34 AM
If you go to the link that Hobbes posted you will see that there are different amounts you can give as a member. They all have slightly different benefits. It's pretty much self explanitory.

Charlie
03-20-2007, 02:05 PM
i have the Family/Dual and love the cam shots and hope to get up top this year .
and some day i may volunteer to i yust have to fined the time .

donnellyvj
03-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Thx. I will check it out.

Steve M
03-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Not to change the subject but are those your dogs in your avitars??

mine is my dog grace, she's 2 yrs. old.

Brad
03-21-2007, 06:05 AM
I too carry the individual. While I truly enjoy the website, I am too far distant to get any of the other benefits.
If you are interested in buying a Subaru that V.I.P. benefit works any place in the country. And the free passes to museums are also available nationwide.

There are levels of membership based on your financial contribution to the Observatory. The Mount Washington Observatory is a non-profit organization that has a wide variety of programs. They reach out to schools - they do research - wo/man the summit weather station - and are a great place to visit in N Conway as well as at the summit. They provide excellent weather information - as well as helping us all be safe and environmentally conscious.

The membership funds fund the power and network systems and web cameras, etc. we all enjoy on the web site. Join up and know you are helping to spread the word of the beauty of the mountains.

Steve M
03-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks Brad, I couldn't have said it better myself!

donnellyvj
03-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Yupper that is Sunny. A 2 year old Boston Terrier.

To Brad. Thanks for all the info. I will make my 1st donation very soon. I have spent a few nights at Hermits and have always been so impressed with the site.
Do these donation have anything to do with the "WELL" behind the lodge? It had been quite some time sence my last visit. It makes the stay at Hermits alot easier. We spent the night in September and not pumping a water filter was great.

Thx VJD :p

Bill O
03-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Yupper that is Sunny. A 2 year old Boston Terrier.

To Brad. Thanks for all the info. I will make my 1st donation very soon. I have spent a few nights at Hermits and have always been so impressed with the site.
Do these donation have anything to do with the "WELL" behind the lodge? It had been quite some time sence my last visit. It makes the stay at Hermits alot easier. We spent the night in September and not pumping a water filter was great.

Thx VJD :p

Nope, nothing to do with Hermit Lake Shelter. That is run by the USFS and AMC. We are talking about the Mount Washington Observatory here....I'm not really sure where to begin on what they offer. We can start with this website and the parent www.mountwashington.org

P.S: If you are looking to donate you can always give here. (http://www.seekthepeak.org/view.php?p=BillOzanne) This is Seek The Peak, the annual fundraiser for Mount Washington. 100% of the money goes directly to the Observatory.

But if you aren't a member I suggest joining the Observatory first. Then donate to Seek The Peak.

donnellyvj
03-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Nope, nothing to do with Hermit Lake Shelter. That is run by the USFS and AMC. We are talking about the Mount Washington Observatory here....I'm not really sure where to begin on what they offer. We can start with this website and the parent www.mountwashington.org

P.S: If you are looking to donate you can always give here. (http://www.seekthepeak.org/view.php?p=BillOzanne) This is Seek The Peak, the annual fundraiser for Mount Washington. 100% of the money goes directly to the Observatory.

But if you aren't a member I suggest joining the Observatory first. Then donate to Seek The Peak.

Not to take anything away from the Observatory. I have only been there twice and was amazed. I can't wait to go again. We are trying to put a group together to get up soon. We are thinking about heading up in two or three weeks. I hope it works out. But, thanks for all the helpful info.

Trekker
05-24-2007, 03:14 PM
I've been at the Family/Dual membership level for a few years now. There are SO many organizations out there these days that are all hurting for funds and asking desperately for donations. Where do you draw the line? Who do you give to and how much? With energy costs rising astronomically most of us are having a hard time funding our OWN FAMILIES - never mind the organizations that are important to us. But somehow, every year, I look at the Mount Washington Observatory and think what an incredible place that is, and what a unique function they serve, and just how much that place means to me - has captivated me - has THRILLED me - and I find the money somewhere to make sure it will always be there when I'm ready for it. The summit of Mt. Washington was the first hiking trip I ever went on, some 37 years ago. I can't tell you how deeply that experience affected me. Enough that I've been out backpacking every year since. And I return to Mt. Washington every chance I get. I've hiked it at least 8 or 10 times. How could I possibly put a price on that? What I give is far less than they deserve. But it's what I can afford for now. Hopefully I'll give more in the future . . .

Brad
05-24-2007, 04:15 PM
Trekker,

Well said ...

In many ways membership in the Observatory is an emotional thing. You just have to do it because of the experiences you have had on that mountain, in that area. MWO helps folks understand the beauty and majesty up there.

Steve M
05-24-2007, 05:47 PM
You GUYS!!! Don't mush up the site. You'll make us all cry:D :p