PDA

View Full Version : STP - 2012 - Routes

BanjoChris
07-11-2012, 12:28 PM
Greetings All!!!

I think it's high time we started talking about Routes up and down the mountain this year. What are people considering for this years STP? My group is likely going to come up from the West and then come down via Lion Head or Tuck. Western route is still open for suggestions.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the kick-off party!

Chris
BanjoChris

Snow Miser
07-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Hi Chris,

Our group is heading up the Jewell, then some are riding down in a car, while the rest will descend via the Ammo.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this year!

Bob

CHRIS
07-12-2012, 09:08 AM
I am with Bob. Can't wait to see everybody again.

Knapper
07-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Just a reminder that if you ascend from the west and descend on the east for the party, please make sure you have a way to get back to your car on the western side of the mountain - either by foot back up and over or by car, ~ 50 miles around the base of the mountains. I know most are aware of this or know to get dropped off, but it doesn't hurt to remind people.

Saddlebronze
07-12-2012, 03:53 PM
Just a reminder that if you ascend from the west and descend on the east for the party, please make sure you have a way to get back to your car on the western side of the mountain - either by foot back up and over or by car, ~ 50 miles around the base of the mountains. I know most are aware of this or know to get dropped off, but it doesn't hurt to remind people.

That's why we have never come up the west and gone down the East. Nobody wants to ge the car! We are going up Tucks and down Boott, how about that!

BanjoChris
07-13-2012, 07:12 AM
Thanks Knapper!

I am in the enviable position of having my lovely wife coming up with our younger kids, they are spending the day at Story Land and are able to drop me off on the West Side and then pick me up at Pinkham Notch.

BanjoChris

Brad&Val
07-14-2012, 01:08 PM
I will either go up the Ammo and downs Lions Head with a car spot or up and down the Ammo. I will also be wearing my kilt for the first time joining my fellow Seek the Peakers in wearing the colors! Look forward to seeing you all on the trail

TrishandAlex
07-19-2012, 06:53 AM
Are hikers allowed to hike down the auto road? Hugh is joining us this year and it would be easier for him to jog down the auto road than descend a normal trail. We'll be coming up a normal trail, but it would help his legs greatly if he could run down the road for the descent.

BanjoChris
07-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Last year we drove part way up the auto road, walked through the alpine garden and came up the backside to the summit. One the way down via Nelson Crag, my foot went into hole and got a little banged up. We decided to walk down the auto road to the car, probably a little over a mile. It was very slow as we had to step off the road, which is sometimes challenging, everytime a car came by. It is certainly doable, but not as fast as one might hope.

He may be able to catch a ride from someone at the top more effectively.

Chris

TrishandAlex
07-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Thanks, Chris. I think we're covered now. :)