PDA

View Full Version : is there a light at the end of the tunnel?

David
06-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Weather guys... do you see any light at the end of the tunnel? When we can finally get rid of this heat and humidity and a nice cool dry refreshing breeze blows in giving us good hiking weather? Weather reports on TV and Radio show something like another week of hot humid thunder stormy weather. I see the extended forecast on this site (mountwashington.org) indicates rain every day for as far as it goes.

I haven't been up to the Whites since Memorial Day. I'm itching for a nice day but that seems real hard to come by this summer!

David

Knapper
06-30-2013, 07:41 PM
Looking at weather models, no time soon. Maybe, and that is a big MAYBE, one or two days this upcoming July 5-7th weekend. However, long range models have a Bermuda High anchored off the eastern seaboard which means a continuation of tropical moisture for the foreseeable future. And with warm, moist air in place, it doesn't take much to spark off convection. So, stay tuned to the extended and hope for the best. Sorry I don't have better news for ya.

TracyOlson
07-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Weather guys... do you see any light at the end of the tunnel? When we can finally get rid of this heat and humidity and a nice cool dry refreshing breeze blows in giving us good hiking weather? Weather reports on TV and Radio show something like another week of hot humid thunder stormy weather. I see the extended forecast on this site (mountwashington.org) indicates rain every day for as far as it goes.

I haven't been up to the Whites since Memorial Day. I'm itching for a nice day but that seems real hard to come by this summer!

David

Tough days. Weather is not nice for coming days and it will really make living hard..I hope weather will get nice soon