PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Washington via O'Dells

pitonpat
03-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Our group of 3 climbed O'Dells gully in Huntington Ravine and ascended the East Snowfields for a wonderful ascent of Mt. Washington on March 9. Conditions were clear and cold with reasonable winds, the climbing in the gully were great, protected from the wind and in the sun, with the ice in a plastic state which took ax placements on the first swing! Descended the snowfields again, and down the Escape Hatch gully and back to the Harvard Cabin. Skied over to Tucks, and down the Sherburne ski trail on Saturday. After more than 40 years coming to Mt. Washington, it was my first time at the Harvard Cabin in the ravine. Lots of fun except for the late arrivals all Friday night long who kept everyone awake with loud talking and meal cooking into the wee hours. My last trip to the Franconia Ridge in winter was in fog, so I saw no views between Mt. Lincoln and Mt. Lafayette, and the last trip to Mt. Adams from Gray Knob (last Easter) was in 20 ft. visibility with horizontal driving ice pellets, so this trip to the Rockpile was a great joy! I guess we didn't stand in front of the Deck camera long enough- I couldn't find our images in the Deck camera archive. Great trip with my son and his friend Dave.

KD Talbot
03-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Sounds like a great trip! Any photos?
KDT

pitonpat
03-27-2007, 12:54 AM
Sorry, I'm something of a computer klutz! I don't know how to post photos. I have the photos on a CD. Any advice?

Gorque
03-27-2007, 08:01 AM
Copy them on to your pc and then upload them to here, or upload them to a free online photo album and post your link to them here.

Brad
03-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Sorry, I'm something of a computer klutz! I don't know how to post photos. I have the photos on a CD. Any advice?
You can go to www.fotki.com and create a free ID and account. For $50 a year you would get a premium account which has unlimited disk and access. They have several very easy ways of uploading files. Plus, once the files are uploaded it is easy to copy and move things around.

parnelli
03-27-2007, 03:59 PM
You can go to www.fotki.com and create a free ID and account. For $50 a year you would get a premium account which has unlimited disk and access. They have several very easy ways of uploading files. Plus, once the files are uploaded it is easy to copy and move things around.

we love fresh photos! do as Brad suggests its addictive!

pitonpat
03-28-2007, 10:46 AM
OK, the photos are uploaded to fotki.com. How do I link the file to this forum?

pitonpat
03-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Lets see if this works. Try http://public.fotki.com/pitonpat

Gorque
03-28-2007, 10:54 AM
It works. Nice photos PitonPat! :)

davidhowland14
03-28-2007, 10:56 AM
yup, it worked. excellent pics.

Bill O
03-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Nice photos, that's a serious alpine route. The East Snowfields are looking pretty good as well.

Another good site to host photos is Picasa Web Albums. Its a free Google service and you get over 2gb of storage. With a little compression and downsizing you could hold thousands of photos on there.

climbabout
03-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Nice photo's - looks like a great day in the mtns.
Tim

Brad
03-29-2007, 06:28 AM
You posted the pictures just fine. With Fotki you do not have to re-size the file before uploading. They handle that for you. There are several in this album I really like. They give a great perspective of what it is like to be out there on the ice.

Great work!

Rich
03-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Cool climb and great pics!