PDA

View Full Version : Yup.........Another Newbie Here!

Joey Keyz
04-12-2007, 06:00 PM
Hey all. I just signed up today and wanted to say hello.

I'm kinda new to hiking and climbing. I moved to New Hampshire about 5 years ago from Long Island, NY. My wife and I couldn't wait to get away from all the confusion and fast pace living. We discovered the White Mountains the first weekend we were here, and fell in love with them ever since. We then began exploring them. 5 years later, we MUST hike and climb everything in sight! We're not 4,000 footers, but we've climbed some really great ones and try to get out at least once a week. (weather permitting) Snow shoeing I think is our favorite. There's nothing like hiking in deep Pine while the snow is falling.

Anyway.........I hope to get to know a lot of you and share stories and picture with ya.

"Hike The Whites"

Joey http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/joeykeyz/Symbols/yodelsmiley.gif

Bill O
04-12-2007, 06:04 PM
Welcome. We look forward to your contribution. Are you doing Seek The Peak this summer?

Joey Keyz
04-12-2007, 06:11 PM
Welcome. We look forward to your contribution. Are you doing Seek The Peak this summer?

Thanks for the welcome Bill.......what is Seek The Peak about?

Bill O
04-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome Bill.......what is Seek The Peak about?

Its a fund raiser for the Mount Washington Observatory...to keep all this good stuff going.

http://www.seekthepeak.org/

Joey Keyz
04-13-2007, 06:03 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun and a great cause Bill.

I have one problem though...next Wednesday I have to go for shoulder surgery (http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/generalshoulder/a/acarthritis.htm). Yup, the old man is starting to break down! :( My climbing is going to be shut down for about 8 weeks and then very limited for the next few months afterwards. I would still like to help out. Where can I send you guys a donation?

Bill O
04-13-2007, 06:56 AM
I would still like to help out. Where can I send you guys a donation?

Go to the Seek The Peak page then click on "Support A Hiker."

Joey Keyz
04-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Good Luck Bill

alora7
04-14-2007, 08:12 AM
Hey there...seems you and many people here have moved to NH/Maine to "escape" the chaos of the urban areas and rediscover ourselves...it is working!

I hope to have some photographs soon to post as well, but right now I am living vicariously through the adventures of everyone here...so thanks for sharing all the stories and pictures.

climbabout
04-14-2007, 08:21 AM
welcome from Connecticut!
Tim

Joey Keyz
04-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Hey there...seems you and many people here have moved to NH/Maine to "escape" the chaos of the urban areas and rediscover ourselves...it is working!

I hope to have some photographs soon to post as well, but right now I am living vicariously through the adventures of everyone here...so thanks for sharing all the stories and pictures.

Thanks Alora, and yes it workied! I LOVE it up here. I started off in NYC (the Bronx) and then moved to Long Island in the early 70's. After driving a truck for 30 years in some of the worst hell holes of NYC, and getting robed every other week....I HAD ENOUGH! I retired and moved to New Hampshire and saw "The White Mountains". From then on, it's a total love story. My wife and I will never leave. I don't mean to knock NYC or Long Island....we had great times, but there's nothing like where we are now. If your not here yet....HURRY! :)

welcome from Connecticut!
Tim

Thank You so much for the welcome Tim.

KD Talbot
04-14-2007, 09:54 AM
I moved here in 1984 for much the same reasons as stated by others, to "escape" Boston. In 23 years I have seen the local farms turn to cul-de-sacs with 1/2 million dollar Mcmansions, the local business' have turned into Wal marts and the local coffee shops turned into Dunkin'Donuts. The urban sprawl is spreading across southern NH like cancer to the point where Manchester is just another suburb of Boston. People that love this area would do well to work on their local Planning Boards and Conservation Comissions if they don't want to see NH turn into what they wanted to "escape" in the first place. The mentality of most builders is that they have never seen open space that couldn't be improved with concrete or asphalt. Don't buy into their "cluster housing preserves open space" baloney. It's only open space for the people who live there. More houses=more people=more traffic=more trash=more needed services and on and on... Yes, NH is great, lets keep it that way.
KDT

Joey Keyz
04-14-2007, 10:41 AM
The mentality of most builders is that they have never seen open space that couldn't be improved with concrete or asphalt. Don't buy into their "cluster housing preserves open space" baloney. It's only open space for the people who live there. More houses=more people=more traffic=more trash=more needed services and on and on... Yes, NH is great, lets keep it that way.
KDT

Ya got that right! I'm only here a few years (Concord) and I've seen a big change.....and it's not for the better.

The plan is to wait another 2 years (until my wife retires), and then move into the north country.
That's the plan! Whatta ya think?

Just me, my wife and the mountains.

AlpineHikerFan71
04-14-2007, 01:29 PM
Hey all. I just signed up today and wanted to say hello.

I'm kinda new to hiking and climbing. I moved to New Hampshire about 5 years ago from Long Island, NY. My wife and I couldn't wait to get away from all the confusion and fast pace living. We discovered the White Mountains the first weekend we were here, and fell in love with them ever since. We then began exploring them. 5 years later, we MUST hike and climb everything in sight! We're not 4,000 footers, but we've climbed some really great ones and try to get out at least once a week. (weather permitting) Snow shoeing I think is our favorite. There's nothing like hiking in deep Pine while the snow is falling.

Anyway.........I hope to get to know a lot of you and share stories and picture with ya.

"Hike The Whites"

Joey http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/joeykeyz/Symbols/yodelsmiley.gif

Welcome aboard. I too relocated here from first NJ then VA then Baltimore and now about 30 minutes south of you. MWO is awesome. Welcome aboard and hope the surgery goes well and your back as good as ever
:)

Joey Keyz
04-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the welcome Dave.

I really do love it up here! :D

Steve M
04-15-2007, 11:09 PM
If I could have up there what I have down here in Florida I would move there in a heartbeat. It would not be a good financial move for me right now. Maybe some day though.

Welcome to the forums Joey!

Joey Keyz
04-16-2007, 03:15 AM
Welcome to the forums Joey!
Thank You!

I'm on a few forums and this is becoming
one of my favorites. I'm hanging out with
people that love doing the same thing I do........
..........HIKE!

Joey Keyz
04-19-2007, 06:48 AM
Hey Hiker Heads!

All went well with my shoulder operation yesterday. The doc found a bit more inside the joint area then he originally thought, but he fixed me all up. I can't wait to start PT and heal. "I NEED THE MOUNTAINS"!
I should be back out there soon. Maybe I can even "Seek The Peak".

Here's some cool shots of the surgery :eek:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/chign/Shoulder%20Op%204-18-07/OperationShlder4-18-07.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/chign/Shoulder%20Op%204-18-07/OperationShlder4-18-07001.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/chign/Shoulder%20Op%204-18-07/OperationShlder4-18-07002.jpg

PatriciaS
04-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Glad to hear that your surgery went well. Here is to a speedy recovery!!!!!

Those pictures are really cool!!!! Thanks for sharing them with us!

PS

Steve M
04-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Cool stuff...though I wish I wasn't eating when I saw those!:)

AlpineHikerFan71
04-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Hey Hiker Heads!

All went well with my shoulder operation yesterday. The doc found a bit more inside the joint area then he originally thought, but he fixed me all up. I can't wait to start PT and heal. "I NEED THE MOUNTAINS"!
I should be back out there soon. Maybe I can even "Seek The Peak".

Here's some cool shots of the surgery :eek:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/chign/Shoulder%20Op%204-18-07/OperationShlder4-18-07.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/chign/Shoulder%20Op%204-18-07/OperationShlder4-18-07001.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/chign/Shoulder%20Op%204-18-07/OperationShlder4-18-07002.jpg

Joey,

Interesting photos of the surgery, Makes my stomach queasy, LOL, But glad it all went well and hope for you for a speedy and quick recovery. The Mountains miss you already:D
Your southerly neighbor here
Dave

Joey Keyz
04-20-2007, 04:56 AM
Thanks everyone...............

sorry about the photos......interesting work the surgeons do now-a-days though

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/chign/Shoulder%20Op%204-18-07/shoulderop4-18-07_2.jpg

KD Talbot
04-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Sorry I didn't get to you sooner, been away. Glad everything went well. I screwed up my shoulder in March skiing. Playing hockey the next night probably didn't help. After a month of agony and it not feeling any better I went to the Doc who fixed my knee. He said I damaged the rotator cuff and would try some cortisone shots to see if they would help before doing an MRI. He brought a young female intern in to the room to distract me while he was working behind me. Her eyes glazed over and she nearly fainted when she saw the needle. I don't know what the big deal was, it didn't hurt nothin' like a puck off the head. Anyway, we both recovered and my shoulder feels better, but not a hundred percent. I had that arthroscopic stuff on my knee a few years back, so I thought your pictures were cool. There's some pictures and a write up here if you're interested:

http://ghostflowers.com/white_mtns3000/signalridgetrail81201/signalridgetrail81201.html

http://ghostflowers.com/white_mtns4000/cabot81501/cabot81501.html

It looks like your shoulder was more serious than my shoulder and knee put together, so I hope you're doing OK. My only advice is: do the therapy and excercises religiously, it's the only way you get better. See you at STP!
KDT

Brad
04-22-2007, 10:26 PM
There's some pictures and a write up here if you're interested:

KDT
Nope - I pass on the look-see.

Joey Keyz
04-23-2007, 05:37 PM
Hey Guys.....this really put a stop on my climbing. I can't believe how painful it is. I have to take these stupid Vicodin pills to ease the pain, but they make my brain mush! I hate em!!! PT has started and it looks like twice a week for about 8 weeks. I can't wait to get back out into the mountains again....I really miss them.

Oh well...waaa, waaa. waaa! :(

PS...Brad....go on, check out KDT's knee pix. They're defiantly cooler then mine.

KD Talbot
04-23-2007, 06:06 PM
Hey Rex! I wanna see your knee pix! Hope you're doin' OK!
KDT

Steve M
04-23-2007, 11:05 PM
I can't wait to get back out into the mountains again....I really miss them.

Oh well...waaa, waaa. waaa! :(

It could be worse, you could be me, only able to hike the whites during one or two weeks out of the year!

Double waaaaaaa, waaaaaaa, waaaaaaaaa!

Joey Keyz
04-27-2007, 10:22 AM
Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't been posting......
This shoulder operation isn't turning out as easy going as I thought it would be. Dam.....my whole arm, right side of my chest and right side of my neck is all black and blue...AND IT HURTS!!!!!!!!!
My PT said this is all normal for the kind of operation they did, but I have a long road ahead of me. I was told I could hike in a few weeks, but nothing that invovles my arms.........DAAAAA! It looks like forest walks and logging trails this summer. I was really excited when I joined the site and wanted to trade stories and pictures of new hikes and climbs, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen until the fall probably.

Oh well......sorry........just needed to vent a bit.

Hey! I still dig the site! I can read all your stories and before I know it, I'll be back out humping my butt off and telling you some cool stuff.

Joe

Steve M
04-27-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm pulling for ya Joey, you'll be back out there before you know it.

Brad
04-28-2007, 07:14 AM
I know that must be hard. Especially when it is so easy to see others' pictures and the web cameras. But, they will keep you in touch with what you love to do and help spur you on.

More PT - More PT - More PT

Joey Keyz
04-28-2007, 08:49 AM
I've been looking for a place like this for a long time now.
A place to talk with people that are into the same thing I love.....hiking and climbing.
Hopefully I'll even get to meet and get out there with some of you one day.

Soon my main post topic won't be shoulder surgery.

Thanks to everyone for making me feel so welcomed here so quickly.

Joey Keyz
05-22-2007, 03:45 AM
Well friends.......I seem to be ready to get back out there. It's been a long time, way too long!

I've been off the forum for a while because I was doing the weaning off the pain meds thing. WOW! I didn't realize how much that was going to hurt or how hard it was going to be. But I did it. I'm now only on Tylenol. I still hurt a lot from the surgery and have about 8 more weeks of PT, but I figured I could start off with some very "EASY" short hikes. Hey........It's a start, right?

Now don't laugh. (OK, you can laugh!) I have to start off very easy. I still can't pull or push with any real force yet with my shoulder, so I'm going to do these two hikes/walks to bring my body and legs back into some sort of shape. Dam, I've been sitting around the house just healing for the past month and a half!

This week I'll do, The Silk Farm Wildlife Sanctuary, Concord, NH
(right down the road from my house)
http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.asp?trailid=HGN073-006

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/hikethewhites/turkeypond.png

And then next week I'll do, The John Hay National Wildlife Refuge, Newbury, NH
(very scenic off the shore of Lake Sunapee)
http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.asp?trailid=HGN073-023

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/hikethewhites/johnhay.png

After these two little one's, I'll be able to know where I'm physically at,
and then hopefully head up into the White Mountains for some REAL hiking.

Steve M
05-22-2007, 07:09 AM
Here's to you getting your hiking legs back! God bless and be safe!

Joey Keyz
05-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Thanks Steve.

I gotta be honest with ya, I just got back from PT
and I could REALLY use something stronger then Tylenol. http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/joeykeyz/Symbols/bash.gif

Joey Keyz
05-27-2007, 08:59 AM
Well.....I still didn't get out yet. I'm having trouble getting off these meds. I can't believe it! They now have me on a 12 day schedule using a different medication to wean me off the Vicodin. This is so weird! I feel so sick!

I might try and shoot for a short forest hike by the end of next week.

I MISS THE WHITES!

Joey Keyz
06-03-2007, 07:26 AM
Hey Guys,

Sorry I haven't been around, but things are not going as planned with this dam operation!

First of all, I can't get off this stupid Vicodin without getting sick as a dog! I told the doc's I don't mind sweating it out, but they said I could have a seizure if I do that. Nope.....don't want that! So this very slooooooow process of weaning me off the Vic is going on. I just don't have the energy to sit at my computer and post with all of you. I REALLY MISS IT! I just don't feel good.

Then I get this letter on Friday stating that the anesthesiologist had problems putting the breathing tube in my windpipe before the operation, when I was out. The letter states that multiple attempts were made by the anesthesiologist and after many attempts, they were finally able to place the breathing tube in by using an intubating Fast Trach (LMA C- Trach) device. They also told me that this WILL be a problem if I have to have any other operations that requires general anesthia. What the surgeon will have to do in this event is perform a Tracheotomy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracheotomy

I'm sorry to all of a sudden pop in on the site with such wonderful and fun news, but I just thought that you guys should know that I didn't forget all of you and the site. I'm just not feeling well. As soon as all this crap is over, I'll be back hiking and posting.

Ya know, this whole operation thing really was and still is a bummer. I think we don't realize how good we have it when we're feeling OK, until something bad happens to you. We have to enjoy every moment of our lives, because there's gonna be that special time when your health will mess's with you.

Hey....I do have some good advise for ya....there's a new Tylenol. Man this stuff is great on pain. It's called Rapid Release. This stuff works in like 5 mins! That's FAST!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/joeykeyz/prd_2_2_rrg_lg_ye.gif

Again, thanks for being here guys. Be back soon.............

Joey

Joey Keyz
06-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Still can't hike yet. Man I'm diein' to get out there!!! :(
I can smell the pine, rock and dirt! (and bug spray)

This shoulder is not coperating with me. My PT says
just hang in there.................soon.

(cause for my lack of posting on the site)

Trekker
06-22-2007, 07:17 AM
Smell can be a powerful force.
You need one of those little smelly pillows with the pine scent in them. I keep one by my bedside and when I'm not feeling well I roll over, close my eyes, and take a deep, lung-filling smell. I am instantly transported to the forests of the White Mountains and for one brief second I am at peace. It's only a second, mind you, but it's a powerful second, with long lasting repercussions!
I highly recommend it!!

Steve M
06-22-2007, 07:43 AM
Maybe I should try to develop a "virtual forest". It could be a helmet with hiking movies you could play. It could come with a certain amount of trails and have the ability to download more trails. The inside of the helmet could be lined with the fresh pine smell of the northern forest. Of course, sound would be included as well.:)

Trekker
06-22-2007, 01:04 PM
I think you're on to something there . . .
And you'll need volunteers to go out and do the actual hiking - wearing a helmet with little cameras attached. I'm THERE . . .

Brad
06-22-2007, 02:26 PM
How about a web camera with a smell button? :cool:

Patrad Fischroy
06-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Ah yes, back to the bays of smell-o-vision at the movie theaters.

Steve M
06-23-2007, 03:41 AM
Keep the ideas coming, I'm sure we can put together something:)

Joey Keyz
07-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Put away the smell-o-vision helmet! I'm Back!

I did a 2 mile loop up in Grafton, NH yesterday.

Ahhhhhhhh.....the smell of pine filled the air. :D
It was wonderful getting back out there. The only
problem believe it or not was my legs. My shoulder
felt fine. My legs aren't used to humping it. Tuesday
I'm gonna go for a bit more and do the Mt.Welch/Mt.Dicky
loop in Waterville Valley. Two summits....not that hard.
Lets give these legs a little more of a work out!

KD Talbot
07-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Glad to hear you're back out there! You're going to love Welch/Dickey. From the summit of Mount Dickey look northeast toward Mount Tecumseh, you will see another plateau with some cairns a short distance away. The hike over to this is worth it as it is not generally visited by the throngs that usually clog the trails on this loop. Looking north from this spot offers a great view of Franconia Ridge. Enjoy!

KDT

Steve M
07-02-2007, 08:14 AM
Put away the smell-o-vision helmet! I'm Back!

I did a 2 mile loop up in Grafton, NH yesterday.

Ahhhhhhhh.....the smell of pine filled the air. :D
It was wonderful getting back out there. The only
problem believe it or not was my legs. My shoulder
felt fine. My legs aren't used to humping it. Tuesday
I'm gonna go for a bit more and do the Mt.Welch/Mt.Dicky
loop in Waterville Valley. Two summits....not that hard.
Lets give these legs a little more of a work out!
Glad to hear your feeling better. Have fun on your hike and post some pics and a trip report!

Brad
07-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Joey, nice to hear you are back and getting the legs going. My legs, hands, arms, back are all a bit sore right now. 2 days of waterskiing in the morning - hauling rocks, moving a pile a loam and other incidental chores. Time to get back to work with this view ...

http://images23.fotki.com/v867/photos/8/8235/3748655/IMG_5517a-vi.jpg

Steve M
07-02-2007, 11:39 AM
yea, it's a shame you must suffer so, by getting back to work...with THAT view!!:p

Joey Keyz
07-03-2007, 08:16 AM
OK......it's 8:15am.
Here I come Mt. Welch/Dickey.
First climb since my operation.

Let's see how these old stumps of mine hold out.
4 1/2 mile loop shouldn't be too hard. I have plenty
of Tylenol for the next few dayz too.

Joey Keyz
07-04-2007, 03:24 AM
:( Well......I tried to do the whole loop. I just couldn't. My shoulder and legs were not happy with what I was doing. I guess I am kind of rushing things. The doc's did say I have a total of 17 weeks before I'm completely healed. It's only been 11 weeks since the surgery. But I was happy to have done what I did yesterday. Hey....I'm trying!

Some Photos (http://public.fotki.com/12101995/hiking-pix/2007/mt-welch-nh/)

Here's a short video (http://s160.photobucket.com/player.swf?refURL=/&file=http://vid160.photobucket.com/albums/t181/hikethewhites/Mt.flv&t=1183504484&fs=1&os=1&ap=1)

Maksutov
09-07-2007, 03:33 PM
Howdy!

Just signed up for the forum today. How I missed this BB all the years I've been visiting the MWO website I don't know.

I'm an exiled Nutmegger. Was born there and lived in the Constitution State for 43 years. Now stuck in the Deep South among rolling sand hills. The highest point in this state is Woodall "Mountain" which towers over the landscape at 806 feet.

Re The Rockpile, I climbed Mt. Washington eight times between 1963 and 1990. Just about every approach. Most fun was starting in Crawford Notch. Climbed to all the New England high points, even an incredibly strenuous trek to Rhode Island's roof back in 1979, when (before the trouble started and which has mercifully ended) it was a scamper through the woods .

Anyway, just saying hello, have a few photos I might share of the various climbs throughout the NE, and a hearty thank you for making this site available. We exiles appreciate being able to see and read about what's happening on Misery Hill.

Take care,

Mak.

climbabout
09-07-2007, 03:55 PM
welcome from sandy hook,ct. where you from in ct?
tim

Maksutov
09-07-2007, 04:16 PM
welcome from sandy hook,ct. where you from in ct?
timThanks you for the welcome!

Originally from Bethel (just up the road from you). After college lived in Cheshire, Granby, and Niantic.

Last climb in CT was to the Mount Frissell highpoint and the Tri-State marker. October 31, 1989.

Brad
09-07-2007, 08:25 PM
Mak, welcome to the forum. For some reason I did not see it in the beginning either. It is a great to come visit each day.

Joey, I missed seeing your loop pictures till just now. Looks like you had a nice day and hope you are getting stronger.

Gorque
09-08-2007, 07:04 AM
Welcome to the forums fellow nutmegger! :) I too have to admit to also not seeing the forums link at first.

Steve M
09-08-2007, 07:57 AM
Welcome to the forums fellow nutmegger! :) I too have to admit to also not seeing the forums link at first.
What was the original date these forums debuted on, does anyone know?

Brad
09-08-2007, 10:46 PM
What was the original date these forums debuted on, does anyone know?
The ForumAdmin ID is the first one set up and it joined on April 20, 2006.

I went to http://www.mountwashington.org/forums/member.php?u=1 to find out.

Steve M
09-09-2007, 09:26 AM
The ForumAdmin ID is the first one set up and it joined on April 20, 2006.

I went to http://www.mountwashington.org/forums/member.php?u=1 to find out.
I joined the forums in Jan. 2007 which means I went to the MWO website for almost 8 mos before I discovered the forums. That's sad.:(

Brad
09-09-2007, 11:14 AM
I joined the forums in Jan. 2007 which means I went to the MWO website for almost 8 mos before I discovered the forums. That's sad.:(
It was 5 months for me. Maybe this is highlighting a need for a design change on the MWO site. How can we highlight the forum link - or help folks learn about the forums?

I remember when I first found the forum feeling sad I had missed out on it all.

Steve M
09-09-2007, 03:01 PM
It was 5 months for me. Maybe this is highlighting a need for a design change on the MWO site. How can we highlight the forum link - or help folks learn about the forums?

I remember when I first found the forum feeling sad I had missed out on it all.
Maybe make it bigger or change the color of the text. Even giving it it's own spot instead of up there with the drop down links.

Magpie
09-10-2007, 07:19 PM
Joe I feel your pain. I've had 3 Major shoulder surgery's in the last 4 years. Upper proximinal humorus fracture. I feel in a weired way and don't you know my shoulder snaped in the worst place it could be.
First I was told I would be back in the mountains in 6 weeks. YA right. Since then I've had a plate w/8 screws 4 of which snaped. So another doctor puts in 2 rods, Too loose, total failure and now I have a new toy made by a Doctor Jessie Jupiter. What a name hey. It's called a blade plate. It's a upside down L they insert into the ball then screw in the bottom part.

As you can probably guess I know pain. Do yourself a favor and try and get to the point ware you need no pain killers. Including over the counter drugs.
The cut ingredients in the perscription drugs are whats in Tylonol and Advile.
These are the very drugs that will cause stomach bleeding.
Another thing is don't let your PT person push you. I suspect thats how my 4 screws broke. Having never broken anything before. I sucked up the pain :eek: because thats what everyone said to do. Bull S***!

What I do now is ride a stationary bike 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the PM. The key is to keep the blood flowing. It's all about keeping oxygen flow the area. Move, Move, Move but don't push the weights.

I did some stupid things. Like 3 day hikes with a 40 LBS pack and skiing. Skiing groomers is OK but bumps and powder are a killer.

Well just wanted to let you know your not alone

OH and work whats that ? My work starts in my signatures below. Its tough going from a builder to a web head.

Take it slow and keep that blood flowing
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Mike D
09-10-2007, 09:26 PM
Maybe make it bigger or change the color of the text. Even giving it it's own spot instead of up there with the drop down links.

Having a link in the top navigation bar means the forums are always one click away from any page, but maybe I'll write a javascript function to make it jump off the screen and bite you in the nose. :)

People are habitual creatures and tend to have click routines, so we like to mention any new site features in the Observer comments just to shake things up.

Steve M
09-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Having a link in the top navigation bar means the forums are always one click away from any page, but maybe I'll write a javascript function to make it jump off the screen and bite you in the nose. :)

People are habitual creatures and tend to have click routines, so we like to mention any new site features in the Observer comments just to shake things up.
I like that...a forum link button that says..."HELLO!":D

Brad
09-11-2007, 05:34 AM
There could be a warning pop-up that says forums, especially this one, are addictive. Be prepared to spent time on it every day. :)