PDA

View Full Version : Arethusa Falls

lwa11
05-12-2007, 07:19 PM
I was wondering if anyone has been here recently. I want to take my wife but would like to know the conditions of the trail before hand. lol

ebatch20
05-15-2007, 01:46 PM
AWESOME HIKE!

I'm sitting in the Manchester Airport after a weekend up in the White Mountains! Gourgeous Weather the ENTIRE weekend, awesome time... one of the best vacations ever.

My Brother, Mom and I did Arethusa Falls hike on Saturday. To sum up the hike: It's a gradual climb upwards over rocks, roots, on a pretty kept up trail. Well worth the hike as the falls were just gorgeous. My mom is 60 and not in the best of shape and didn't have any problems during the hike. (afterwards, and the following days.. her legs hurt :cool: )

I have pictures I'll post once I get home tonight :) Thanks to this forum for the recommendation!!

Be_Prepared
05-15-2007, 10:58 PM
Awesome place for a quick lunch by the falls, we were there last fall when I snuck away from a business meeting for an afternoon hiking with the family:

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w111/Be_Prepared/8-2-20062-424.jpg

It's not like the falls we saw on Kauai, but, for New Hampshire, they are awesome.

Brad
05-16-2007, 04:40 AM
AWESOME HIKE!

I'm sitting in the Manchester Airport after a weekend up in the White Mountains! Gourgeous Weather the ENTIRE weekend, awesome time... one of the best vacations ever.

My Brother, Mom and I did Arethusa Falls hike on Saturday. To sum up the hike: It's a gradual climb upwards over rocks, roots, on a pretty kept up trail. Well worth the hike as the falls were just gorgeous. My mom is 60 and not in the best of shape and didn't have any problems during the hike. (afterwards, and the following days.. her legs hurt :cool: )

I have pictures I'll post once I get home tonight :) Thanks to this forum for the recommendation!!
Excellent. Glad you had a good time and hope you stay around here on the forum.

fallenrockzone
05-24-2007, 09:55 AM
I did the falls last summer. It's so much better than I thought it would be, I was very impressed!

Here's a pic:
http://www.hikingnewengland.com/index.php?showtopic=62

Cheers!