May 2013 Contest
At the suggestion of tdb1977 and seeing as nobody has posted an idea as of yet for the May 2013 contest, I am proposing that the contest be the number of days in May that the low temperature for the day comes in at 32 degrees or colder. All picks must be in by 11:59 pm on Tuesday April 30th.
And in borrowing tdb's rules from previous contests, here they are:
1. One submission per forum ID
2. There can be no duplicates. First person to submit a particular number will own that guess.
3. If the proper answer is not selected by anyone, the winner will be the closest guess, without going over, according to the
4. The official source of data is the Daily F6 as published on the Observatory's web site.
5. Anyone & everyone will be allowed to enter.
6. Most of all... Have Fun!!!
Good luck everyone
Nice idea for a May contest Matt! My guess will be 15.
Great idea Matt. I'll go with 20. Thanks for picking this up for May!
I like the idea of this one. I'm going to go with 14 days
I'll go with 13. Thanks Moa57!
Ok, that's it for guesses, we only have 5 and here they are:
15 Snow Miser
Good luck to all and have a great month of May.
Well, basically a third of the way through May and it is beginning to look like we will have the second month in a row with no winner as we only have two days where the low temp was at 32 or below. Some cold coming in this week hopefully we will get several days to add to the total.
Currently holding at 9 days after a short cold stretch
Hopefully this little cold spell rolling through this Memorial Day weekend will give us a few more much needed days in order to get all of us in the ballpark.