Thread: East Snowfields

Thanks

Default East Snowfields

Looks like the east snowfields went quick this year. After a two week vacation I see there is nothing left up there, yet still a decent chunk of snow in Tucks. The past few years the east fields lasted easily into June despite relatively low snowfalls. I guess it was a perfectly laid ice storm in the fall that kept anything from sticking on the east fields this year.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bill O
    Looks like the east snowfields went quick this year. After a two week vacation I see there is nothing left up there, yet still a decent chunk of snow in Tucks. The past few years the east fields lasted easily into June despite relatively low snowfalls. I guess it was a perfectly laid ice storm in the fall that kept anything from sticking on the east fields this year.
    How about the West snowfield? I saw a picture of it, and it looked huge compared to what was left on the East side.. I missed hitting it the last time I was up there Memorial Day (Airplane and Turkey Chute skied well).. tucks looks almost melted out from today's cam image..
    I saw on the Auto Road blog that Airplane is shot.. is there anything left at all - Great Gulf? Westside? Pipeline?

Thanks

I haven't seen the west side the past few days. That area filled in deep during the big April storm.
    Bill
    Next up: Vermont City Marathon: May, 2011
    EasternLight