Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huntington Ravine 6/25/07

Thanks

Default View

Thanks,, Brad. You're right on with the description of Tuckerman Ravine. I was a little dissapointed I couldn't descend through the ravine. I'll get a chance to soon, though.

KDT

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KD Talbot
    Yeah, but Nikon likes to call it "Vibration Reduction", and there is a setting for close up flowers, bugs, whatever... it works real nice.

KDT
    What model is your Nikon?
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

Default Nikon

I have a Nikon Coolpix 8800. It has a built in zoom which is nice for some things, but not others. If I were to buy something new right now I would go with the D40 or D40x which takes detachable lenses.

KDT

Thanks

Wonderful pics KD -
    And great trip report. I was up there earlier in June and had hoped to see more wildflowers than I did. Guess I'll have to plan it for later next year. I, too, thought Huntington Ravine was one intense trail! Loved it! I've only gone down the Kings Ravine trail - that would be pretty intense going up, too - it was intense enough going down. And from the sounds of it I would love to try the Great Gulf approach. I'll bet you get some awesome views from along the "wall" . . .
    Hoping to get another shot at Mt. Washington later this summer - just a brief one - but will enjoy every minute I get there.