Thread: Seek the Peak event...

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Seek the Peak event...

Who is hiking here for Seek the Peak on July 22nd. Has anyone done it before?

It is always a great event! The new fundraising pages are neat. If I can't make it this year, I'm surely going to help out some people here: http://www.mountwashington.org/fundraising/

Thanks

I'd love to, but I'm in Maine that week. Also, something about hiking up a mountain swarming with others hiking doesn't appeal to me.
    5 Days 2007-2008

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davidhowland14
    ... something about hiking up a mountain swarming with others hiking doesn't appeal to me.
    I feel like that's part of the appeal of the event. Sure there are other people there, as there are any weekend, but this particular weekend, everyone there is for the same reason you are...they love the mountain or the MWO! Real sense of community within the organization

just my 2cents

skiingdj Guest

Default seek the peak

it is a great time! My dog Sadie raises all the money & takes me along for the hike. this will be our 3rd year. last year we came in 2nd for total fundraising & won a winter edu-trip for 2 to the summit!!! a $1000 value! minus 16, blowin' 75 in Feb. just like we wanted!
    it brings together lovers of the mountains & the obs. it's their major fundraiser. fun bbq, good music, nice people & great prizes. hope to see you there!