Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Should we brave the weather this weekend?

  1. #1
    philarun Guest

    Question Should we brave the weather this weekend?

    We are thinking of flying up from Philadelphia to see Mt. Washington/North Conway this weekend (9/2)?...but the weather isn't going to be all that cooperative (not sure if it ever is). We wanted to check out the Kancamangus Highway and some of the covered brigdes as well as visit the Mt. Washington Observatory. We'd like to hike a bit and take photographs. This may be our last chance this year. Should we wait until next or try to brave the weather? Your thoughts are appreciated...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NM
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Ernesto...

    Ernesto's track has peaked my interest, and I agree with the observer comments that most of rain will track west initially.

    My bet is no rain until midday sunday, but I'm no expert...

    I'd just follow the summits forecast here:
    http://www.mountwashington.org/weath...t_forecast.php

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Lancaster, NH
    Posts
    69
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I trust you drove up early Saturday morning and hiked or drove to the summit. That is your window of opportunity. We'd like to read what you saw and how you felt in these forums.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •