Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Favorite Trail?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NM
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Favorite Trail?

    What is your favorite trail up the mountain???

    Mine is the Ammonusuc Ravine Trail. It's steep, ledgy, but there's just something about it that I like. Maybe it's stopping at Gem pool, or lakes along the way!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afmrintern
    What is your favorite trail up the mountain???

    Mine is the Ammonusuc Ravine Trail. It's steep, ledgy, but there's just something about it that I like. Maybe it's stopping at Gem pool, or lakes along the way!
    I like the Ammonusuc Trail. In the worst weather thread, i mentioned a trip three years ago. That was going up the Ammonusuc Ravine Trail. I also like the crawford path along the ridge to lakes and then to the summit, or the Tuckerman Ravine Trail. I'm doing Lions Head this summer.
    Last edited by davidhowland14; 05-13-2006 at 11:10 AM.
    5 Days 2007-2008

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    65
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    So far I like Huntington Ravine Trail the best. Lions head is cool too, especialy the head where you can look 1600 feet into Tuckerman Ravine.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Athol, MA
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    I had a real nice time hiking the Great Gulf trail all the way from Rt. 16. No crowds and excellent views. Had a great day to do it too: 55 degrees and sunny with 100+ mile visibility on top.

    Smitty

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    How long is that?
    5 Days 2007-2008

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    somerville, ma
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Smile

    i'd have to say huntington ravine as well. tucks is over-rated in my opinion, especially in the summer as it's jampacked. the ammo-jewell loop is fun too. i dig takin' the camel trail to the lawn cut-off once ya get up there for all the open walkin' and all.

    also, goin' up great gulf to the top is a fine longer hike as ya go by spaulding pond and then up quick! i went that way once or twice and then took the wamsutta trail down.

    Last edited by bruno; 05-19-2006 at 09:53 AM.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruno
    i'd have to say huntington ravine as well. tucks is over-rated in my opinion, especially in the summer as it's jampacked. the ammo-jewell loop is fun too. i dig takin' the camel trail to the lawn cut-off once ya get up there for all the open walkin' and all.

    also, goin' up great gulf to the top is a fine longer hike as ya go by spaulding pond and then up quick! i went that way once or twice and then take the wamsutta trail down.

    i like the "amo-jewell loop. It's creepy when you can't see, though. Whats with all the "ya"s? all of a sudden. See above post ^
    5 Days 2007-2008

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruno
    i'm from the south! norf carolina to be exack! post'r and chickety WALKED from south of there!!! all the way to MAINE (campin' out the whole way!!!)!!!!
    really? I'd love to hike the AT. so, accents transfer to typing?
    5 Days 2007-2008

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default

    true. This would be a good place to point out that we need moderators. who go on hikes in the white mountains (subject of forum)
    5 Days 2007-2008

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,078
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidhowland14
    true. This would be a good place to point out that we need moderators. who go on hikes in the white mountains (subject of forum)
    Done.

    All you have to do is report a post and it will get taken care of promptly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •