Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Favorite Trail?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rockin rex
    I would have to say Tucks. The reason I say that is not because of the terrain but because of the amount of people that use that trail. You kinda join in with the flow of hikers and it tends to pull you along. It is also the shortest way up. Terrain wise there are ones that are easier but the mileage is longer. I always recommend Tucks to people that are climbing Washington for the first time.
    I don't want to be a pain in the a##, but I really don't like hiking on crowded trails. I love having the trails to myself. I will be with an experienced partner, so I won't be in any real danger if I bug out. We didn't make any plans yet because I wanted to ask you guys first about it.

What are the easier ones you mentioned and what's the mileage? If they're too long for one day up, is there a hut we can stay at overnight? I don't mind making it a 2, 3 or even 4 day adventure.
    "HIKE THE WHITES"

......Support
    ....T*A*P*S*
    http://www.taps.org/

Please Support The MWO

www.joes-hiking-photos.com

Thanks

Default trails less traveled by

My suggestion now would be the wamsutta trail. This trail comes out of the Great Gulf and is an amazing trail! It is one of the less crowded trails and a very enjoyable hike. I would do Wamsutta up to the top and take Boot Spur down. This is a wonderful loop. If your looking for an over night than lake of the clouds could be added into the mix with no problem seeing that it is so close to the Boot Spur trail. This is the loop I will probably do for seek the peak.

Thanks

Default Want to summit the rockpile?!

Our New England Hiking & Adventurer's Group will be ascending the rockpile via Tucks to Lions Head with a visit to the Alpine Gardens then summit on Saturday, June 16. Meet 9 am at the help desk at PNVC if you wish to join us. Let me know.

Also our New England Hiking & Adventurer's Group will be ascending the rockpile via the Ammo Trail and a brief stop on Monroe and the LOTC hut before summiting on Sunday June 24. Meet 9am at the Ammo Parking lot on Base Road. Kindly let me know you are joining us.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMagic
    Our New England Hiking & Adventurer's Group will be ascending the rockpile via Tucks to Lions Head with a visit to the Alpine Gardens then summit on Saturday, June 16. Meet 9 am at the help desk at PNVC if you wish to join us. Let me know.

Also our New England Hiking & Adventurer's Group will be ascending the rockpile via the Ammo Trail and a brief stop on Monroe and the LOTC hut before summiting on Sunday June 24. Meet 9am at the Ammo Parking lot on Base Road. Kindly let me know you are joining us.
    Does your group have any trips planned for the end of July? If so maybe we will join you for a few.
    Steve
    Is there really any BAD weather???

Thanks

One may join our hiking site for free. You be able to read our hiking articles, view our calendar, and read our message board.

Here are the scheduled hikes:
    Saturday, June 9: Firescrew Mtn, Mount Cardigan, & Welton Falls! 9 am @ Cardigan Lodge
    Sunday, June 10: Mount Carrigain! 9 am
    Saturday,June 16: Mount Washington & the Alpine Gardens! 9 am Tucks & Lion Head trails
    Sunday, June 17: Mounts Ike & Pierce! 9 am
    Saturday, June 22-24: Camping Trip to Mt Blue State Park, Maine! Just $3 per day.
    Sunday, June 24: Mounts Monroe & Washington! 9 am Meet at Ammo Trail parking lot
    Thursday, June 28: Mounts Jackson & Webster! 9 am
    Friday, June 29: Mounts Tom, Field, & Willey! 9 am
    Saturday, June 30: The Twins & Galehead! 9 am
    Sunday, July 1: The Kinsman's! 9 am
    Tuesday July 3: Mounts Liberty & Flume! 9 am
    Wednesday July 4: Mount Moosilauke! 9 am
    Friday, July 6: The Hancock's! 9 am
    Saturday, July 7:The Osceola's 9 am
    Sunday, July 8: Mount Isolation! 8 am Up Glen Boulder, out & meet at Rocky Branch.'[
    Saturday, July 14: Firescrew Mtn, Mount Cardigan, & Welton Falls! 9 am @ Cardigan Lodge
    Sunday July 15: Owl's Head! 8 am Linwood Visitor's Center
    Sunday July 22: Mount Zealand & The Bonds!
    Sunday July 29: Mount Jefferson via Caps Ridge

More hikes will be added as the dates get closer: To see our calendar, one may join by visiting our New England Hiking & Adventurer's Group Knowledge. Events. Fellowship. (tm)